Obsolete

I'm planning to get one myself... In Europe is called Sduro Trekking 9.0, without the "S", but as far as I can tell, the only difference is the paint job and the Bosch unit, which is a Performance CX (75 Nm, but capped at 25 km/h)

I see.
Well the S version, according to Italian laws, is more a motorcycle than a bike, so it would require an insurance, a yearly ownership tax and would be forbidden in many areas where a standard bicycle wold have no problem entering.

I guess there's even a licence plate holder in the pic in the link you shared.

All in all, the extra speed would be nice but it's not worth the pains it cames with, at least not for my tipical needs.

Thanks!

I see.
Well the S version, according to Italian laws, is more a motorcycle than a bike, so it would require an insurance, a yearly ownership tax and would be forbidden in many areas where a standard bicycle wold have no problem entering.

I guess there's even a licence plate holder in the pic in the link you shared.

All in all, the extra speed would be nice but it's not worth the pains it cames with, at least not for my tipical needs.

Thanks!
Well, and you can always add a chip to discreetly remove the limitation. The PearTune MSO, for example, can be turned on and off easily and unless you know what to look for no one will ever know. In terms of speed I can reach the same speeds on my road and tri bike but I just have to put a lot more effort into it so I doubt I will be targeted by law enforcement based on speed alone. I just try not to be an idiot when riding so I feel I am reasonable safe.

JaiveeI have the 5.0 version except the power of the mid-drive 250w and unloked speed, I saw your videos and they are asphalt road, in my case they are gravel, dirt, asphalt, I'm surprised you will not buy a

pneumatic seatpost, better seat with more gel and some gloves for the hands and eliminate vibration ...

I'm up to 4 hours on top of the pedelec.
This solves your problems for the current and maybe the next models you buy.

150 lumens is not enough in a night environment, not to go at 45km / h and less to go at 68km / h down the mountain, you always need at least 1000 lumens

If the road has many curves and you go at high speed, you will necessarily need amplitude with the light instead of being concentrated in one point.

you need to see the potholes and irregularities in the soil

Last edited:
The new 2019 Haibike Sduro S 9.0 is also a class 3 but addresses many of the above problems:
Yes, that is why I have the 2017 Trekking 4.0, which is basically the same bike (except the internal battery), because I put the S-motor on it ;)
Here in California, I don't need to worry about that, because it's still legal - nobody ever cares.
However, I could install my own tuning dongle, but this would mess with the Nyon.
This new S 9.0 would be my favorite, too. And for a smoother ride I installed the Thudbuster ST seatpost

Gosh, don't they ever produce the same bike two years in a row? I have a 2018 Sduro Trekking 9 and it's a wonderful bike, really good specs and Bosch CX

Anyone know what size tires are on the new Sduro S 9?

Last edited:
I’m also very excited about this bike and I believe we will be seeing this here in the US, just a little later in the spring than some of the other 2019 bikes. I think you picked a good one @JayVee but I would expect nothing less from you ;)

@Chris Nolte , @Ravi Kempaiah

Do you have a list of all the multi-rail system options? Besides the additional power pack battery, do you know what additional parts are needed to transform the bike from a single battery 500Wh configuration to a dual battery 1000Wh configuration?

The MRS system is really practical, but I get the impression that it's not very well understood for the moment.

These are the accessories that are available.

MRS LOCK, with keyed alike battery cylinder

MRS Range Extender with keyed alike lock cylinder

MRS Plug In Cable

MRS Bottle Set

MRS CARRY PACK

Here is a quick video. Not all accessories are shown but you get the idea.

Ok, So I've sourced the part at Elektrofahrrad. But silly question, how are the battery electrics connected to the controller/drive? Is this user installable?

https://www.elektrofahrrad24.de/haibike-mrs-the-range-extender

Hi @JayVee ,
It's not user replaceable.
When you purchase the accessories, it should come with a Y-cable to connect the second battery to the controller/drive unit. Call the merchant and check if they ship with the Y-cable. MRS range extender kit comes with all the hardware you may need.
This Y-cable needs to be installed by a dealer and the software needs to be updated so both batteries have the latest firmware and there is no issue with charging.

The good thing is you could add the 2nd battery pack later on when you wish it or install modular rack accessories.
Similar to the 2018 model but with a speed motor. Would be a perfect commuter bike.

Hey, that's my bike!! That bike is a real gem.

Hi @JayVee ,

I have the same bike (trekking SDURO S 6.0 2017) and i can replace it (for free) by the Trekking SDURO S 8.0 (2019) or by the Trekking SDURO S 9.0 (2019) for €600/700.

Do you think the surcharge is worth the money? I mean the Trekking 8.0 (2019) seems to be exactly the same as the trekking 6.0 (2017)... Or am I mistaken?

I am pretty happy with my bike actually but, as you pointed it out, the Front fork is not the best and the Yamaha motor can be tiring...

Thank for the help!

Thank you a lot for your quick reply!

For me, the suspension of the fork is the main issue... at top speed, it is really not comfortable.

For the drive, i am always on "high" since i only use my bike to go to work and can recharge there.

I will check if i can try the Bosch Speed drive :)

How does this bike compare to the 2019 XDURO Trekking S 9.0??

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I am always so confused with the difference between S Duro and X Duro. And I suppose "S" means cat 3???

S=class 3.

The Trekking Sduro S9.0 allows a little more off-road than the Trekking Xduro S9.0. It’s also more comfortable (fatter tires + shock with more travel). Essentially the Trekking Sduro S9.0 is this year’s model and the Trekking Xduro S9.0 is last year’s model. The biggest complaint leveled at the Xduro S9.0 was a relative lack of comfort. That’s why they’ve made the changes. The Xduro can’t accommodate a dual battery whereas this year’s Sduro can. This Sduro Trekking S9.0 is a better steep hill climber due to an 11-46 cassette. Last year’s Xduro Trekking S9.0 had an 11-42. You have to keep in mind that the bikes are shipped with a 20T Bosch crank (meaning 50T), so having an 11-46 is an advantage for steep hills.

Hopefully I haven’t confused you more.

Perfect! Fully understood. Any idea if and when the xDuro Adventr 6.0 FLYON 2019 will hit the USA?? - don't think its released anywhere yet. Is this model the next version of the Sduro 9.0?? Looking at the Haibike site, the bike sure looks sexy, and lots of tech to geek out on. Thanks so much for the reply on the Sduro.

Perfect! Fully understood. Any idea if and when the xDuro Adventr 6.0 FLYON 2019 will hit the USA?? - don't think its released anywhere yet. Is this model the next version of the Sduro 9.0?? Looking at the Haibike site, the bike sure looks sexy, and lots of tech to geek out on. Thanks so much for the reply on the Sduro.
They won’t release until mid. 2020, same in Europe. They take “deposit” only, but by that time the Tq motor might be on many other brands...

I am picking up a 2018 SDURO Trekking 9.5 on sale in Santa Barbara for $3799. Haibike had a few XL left in the warehouse and shipped one out to SB for me to pick up. Beautiful bike. Now all I have to do is sell my motorcycle to make room for 2 bicycles in the garage. The 2019 and 20 are awesome looking bikes. Can not wait to take it for a spin.

Back