Obsolete

I just got my 2019 SDURO S9.0 the other week ... I am loving it ... and it is a climber ...

I weigh 200lbs with a laptop bag and change of clothes for the day if I go full eco I can cover nearly 40 miles and not need to charge it until i get home... and i have a few percentage of 4-7% battery still on the gauge my commute is ~ 750ft of climbing over 20 miles with the climbs being spread out..

Just today i went full sport and some turbo to my work still had battery left range reporting 6 miles =) ... but I had to charge it at work obviously

Speed motor definitely you have to pedal hard to get that 28MPH on teh flats so don't expect much over 20 if you are in anything but the hardest gear ... i still sweating a good amount when i get to work when I really push myself because but we have showers so no big deal...

i get to work in just under an hour so this bike saved me ~ 25-30 minutes a day each direction --

9/12/2019 UPDATE:

Still enjoying this guy but had to do my first ride in the dark ~9PM the other day as i got out of work WAY...late... the stock headlight SUCKS and is insufficient if you are riding a dark bike path ... i was scaring the hell out the rabbits and myself trying to avoid running over thumper - and the occasional moron wearing black walking on the oncoming side of the bike path with not even a reflective vest or flashlight ...

I have my other handlebar battery operated light i been using on my other bike before I went motorized for these times now to supplement but sheesh take my word for it ... 'If you riding this guy at night GET A different light or an additional one' ... Haibike would be wise that if they are going to include a light ....offer various light options during purchase so we don't have to mess with it later... I'd rather have the shop building the bike for me do all this stuff vs paying them to do it for me later or spending my time doing it ...

MP99 PURE if you got ~$450 to burn *CRAZY*
...or...

Do what I did and use an existing or other battery operated one... only annoyance there is having to charge the stupid thing which is why i liked the integrated light

Maintaining it...
... have had to put up with the fact cleaning and lubing the chain on the bike without a stand is a real pain unless you flip the bike upside down because the chain does not move when you pedal backwards - and the chain does not have a darn master link in it... so if you want to save some frustration there buy a master link kit as chain maintenance and sprocket cleaning is way easier with the chain out of the way...

I applied Muck-OFF for wet being PNW a lite lube is a bad idea unless you want to remove the chain religiously honestly i prefer to do it every other week! ... will see how long the original chain lasts and I will update that here ... I will say after applying muck off the chain noise is certainly quieter now ... my chain was not dry lube wise but after this weeks storms and being out in two downpours it was getting sqweeky!

Update 11/10

First Spill -- Yeah I managed to scrape up the bike ... i put a new front light on when I had the shop installing my second battery and I guess they did not thread lock it because it came loose while i was cornering and i must have flinched which caused the bike to slip out on me. Grinded the pedal on the right down halfway grip ends got chewed some and the rack bolts got the head part ground down.

Good news is I am ok thought it took me nearly three weeks to heal up and get the infection that took hold in my leg under control. I am not 100% for a regular bike but I have since replaced the bits I needed to and can move on the ebike without much stress on the knee joint... will be another week i think before i can push it on my trainer or do any real long distance stuff on the normal bike again... I have since reduced my air pressure on my tires as they were way too stiff which doesn't help traction in the wet ...

What i did have happen is my rack bolts that secure it down near the rotors managed to back out and I lost one.. so i'll be going to the hardware store to see if I can find a matching thread... I wish people would lock tight this stuff as seriously i have sheared off bolts on my racks a few times or had them back out ... very annoying ...

MOD is on order for adding the stem riser as my shoulders really hurt some days so i hoping the riser will take that edge off...

Last edited:
Back