Nyon bricked when Bosch diagnostics are hooked up with WIFI running

Alaskan

@William - Bosch Team - A member @JVBulman who is a bike tech at a Riese & Muller dealership in Seattle, reported the following on the Riese & Muller brand forum:

"Learned a new one today: If you're bringing a Nyon bike in for service, disable the WiFi function beforehand as updating the firmware while the WiFi is active can brick the display unit, for which the only solution is a warranty replacement."

This problem has also been reported by a member of the Riese and Muller Owners Group on Facebook.

Is your team aware of this? If so, I would hope that Bosch is already on top of making sure a fix is incorporated into the next Nyon firmware update. I sure Bosch would not want to have to replace a bunch of Nyons because of this.

@William - Bosch Team - A member @JVBulman who is a bike tech at a Riese & Muller dealership in Seattle, reported the following on the Riese & Muller brand forum:

"Learned a new one today: If you're bringing a Nyon bike in for service, disable the WiFi function beforehand as updating the firmware while the WiFi is active can brick the display unit, for which the only solution is a warranty replacement."

This problem has also been reported by a member of the Riese and Muller Owners Group on Facebook.

Is your team aware of this? If so, I would hope that Bosch is already on top of making sure a fix is incorporated into the next Nyon firmware update. I sure Bosch would not want to have to replace a bunch of Nyons because of this.
Yes, thank you!

We are aware, and working as fast as possible to get this resolved. As the quoted text suggests, it is important to disable Wifi before updating via the Diagnostic Tool.

Hopefully no one here is/will be affected by this, but rest assured Bosch Service will take care of you if it does happen, aka warranty replacement.

Glad you received a very encouraging answer from the Bosch Team here. Hope you get this resolved in a timely manner. Would be interested to see what the outcome will be. Good Luck to you Richard.

Last edited:
Glad you you received a very encouraging answer from the Bosch Team here. Hope you get this resolved in a timely manner. Would be interested to see what the outcome will be. Good Luck to you Richard.
Thanks for your concern. No resolution needed as this was not a problem I personally encountered. I was just asking about this issue as I had read about it elsewhere and I knew I could get the straight answer here from the Bosch team that has been so helpful and informative.

Back