Nyon Display

Why only Crapple watch? Because you have one?

I have a Garmin Fenix, my good buddy has a Samsung Gear. Why not those and while they're at it, FItbit too. I'm sure there are others I omitted that would want in as well.

My Nyon works just fine with both my Polar H10 and OH1. Why ask for personal customization? Go out and buy one of those...problem solved. K.I.S.S.

Your proposal makes it more complicated. This is precisely how Apple handles the vast array of possibly interfaceable devices. They pick and choose and have a long list of unsupported file formats and devices.
I mention the Apple Watch because it’s the best selling watch on Earth, is regarded as the benchmark product in the category, and because the alternative watches you mention are obsolete the day they’re released (Tizen has just been killed off). As for Polar, I’ve used their straps, watches and sensors for five Ironman events, a SwimRun (Bay of Islands in 2018), and more half marathons and bike races than I could count. You mention K.I.S.S. - ok. Would you really argue that putting on a strap you don’t wear all day is simpler than having the option (not the requirement) to simply rebroadcast the HR reading from the watch you may well already be wearing? I enjoy these amazingly simplistic arguments from non-tech literate people. Please, send me more.

Bosch really needs to open up the bluetooth devices and better ANT devices they can connect too. its way too limited and finicky about connecting. two two Nyon's every time I ride I have to open the app and select the nyon and wait for it to connect. My HR wont connect till the phone does. sometimes it wont connect at all and have to turn off bluetooth on the neon and back on to get the connection. Apple Watch does not broadcast so it would have to be a app that runs on the watch and uses the built in HR and maybe link it to the app. but I cant see it getting the info to the nyon.

Bosch really needs to open up the bluetooth devices and better ANT devices they can connect too. its way too limited and finicky about connecting. two two Nyon's every time I ride I have to open the app and select the nyon and wait for it to connect. My HR wont connect till the phone does. sometimes it wont connect at all and have to turn off bluetooth on the neon and back on to get the connection. Apple Watch does not broadcast so it would have to be a app that runs on the watch and uses the built in HR and maybe link it to the app. but I cant see it getting the info to the nyon.
Apple Watch can absolutely rebroadcast if your app uses the phone as a relay. There are numerous apps that do it in existence now. The Polar Verity Sense allows simultaneous connections and has worked well for me across several sports. I’d recommend it.

Apple Watch can absolutely rebroadcast if your app uses the phone as a relay. There are numerous apps that do it in existence now. The Polar Verity Sense allows simultaneous connections and has worked well for me across several sports. I’d recommend it.
well thats not brau=odcasting it thats going through your phone. I just checked Ito ut kinda cool but a hassle too changing your watch face or recording a ride. my watch battery would get drained way too fast I had to give up using it to record rides.

I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me as to whether it's possible to replace my Bosch Nyon with Kiox? Do I need a separate kit? I want to do this swap chiefly because I cannot charge my device from Nyon.

I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me as to whether it's possible to replace my Bosch Nyon with Kiox? Do I need a separate kit? I want to do this swap chiefly because I cannot charge my device from Nyon.
the Kiox does not have much juice to charge with either. the Kiox is an abandoned product with no updates. but if you want to spend 250.00 to charge your phone well this is all you need. There are plenty of ways to charge your phone will riding then using a kiox.

Back