Not riding again until I install mirrors

I'm about to set up my old emtb as a commuter for the kids so REALY appreciate this thread.

Are there any quickly removable mirrors that provide motorbike levels of clarity? I had intended to try a double take mirror - I have plenty of RAM mounts from decades of adv motorbike riding, but if there us something a bit less cosmetically awkward that'd be nice
@PDoz: The Hafny mirror that @scrambler and I have on our handlebars is easily removed with an allen wrench. Mine has the anti-glare blue, automotive-grade glass and I can tell you that the view from behind me is crystal clear with absolutely no vibrations distorting the view. They even make an e-bike-rated mirror.

Link: https://www.hafnycomponents.com/bike-mirrors

I use inexpensive bar end mirrors. If you set them right, they fold when bumped, but hold pretty good otherwise. If you break one due to some unfortunate incident, they're cheap (12.99 a pair, and I only use 1 at a time)! No issue providing an image that's plenty good enough for me. There's a lot of different suppliers selling basically the same thing. Here's one I've used a couple of times now:

The Hafny I have is automotive glass grade and is crystal sharp (it is out of focus in the picture because of the camera depth of field).
I have it tight and it does not vibrate, but will safely fold when hit by a branch on trails.

Anyone have any ideas about to prevent theft of a mirror? I had a handle bar mounted one and it was stolen on the very first day.

How about a Mirrycycle Mirror with a special bolt, like they put in the sensor bracket?

I find that mirrors on my bikes are a necessity. Majority of the time on streets I'm in a bike lane and I want to be able to see if there is traffic coming or if there are vehicles on my left and if someone is driving into the bike lane. Before the mirrors I would turn my head to look back and actually turn the bike into the lane (big guy on a big bike). The mirrors eliminated that issue and I can monitor traffic as I'm riding. I feel more comfortable riding with the mirrors.

I used to use a mirror like the ones posted here but it just didn't give me the coverage that I wanted especially when riding in DC during rush hour traffic. I switched over to an automotive rearview camera that fed off my battery, but it didn't work that well at night. Now I use a radar taillight that works with my Wahoo Roam. I find it works better for me especially when I'm changing lanes in moderate traffic. In heavy traffic, it still works but is annoying as its beeping all the time telling you there are 8+ cars coming up from behind.

I have to confess that I cheaped out with my first set of mirrors, and I will eventually have to replace. Mine are the circular type, and I am finding it a challenge to get a proper view out of them. Need something wider.

Yes, they are ok, but there are much better mirrors available.
Well , you could mount an HD camera to the back of your head and transpose the projected image on to a semi-reflective contact lenses, thereby proving wrong the saying, "better not re-invent the wheel". But seriously folks, seriously.

Well , you could mount an HD camera to the back of your head and transpose the projected image on to a semi-reflective contact lenses, thereby proving wrong the saying, "better not re-invent the wheel". But seriously folks, seriously.

Just cuz you can I guess...

I have used Mirrcycle and Sprintech. Sprintech wins hands-down.

My RadMission, today, with Hafny E13 mirrors (silver), Nite-Ize Wraptor mount for my iPhone, and Fenix PD36 TAC flashlight on a Fenix ALB-10 handlebar mount. I know it’s a bit tough to see the bits, but it’s the most recent picture I’ve taken, mainly to show off the panniers to my friend who gifted them to me, since she wasn’t using them. They just arrived today.

7C43E22B-4F5F-4654-A742-948368D49295.jpeg

My RadMission, today, with Hafny E13 mirrors (silver), Nite-Ize Wraptor mount for my iPhone, and Fenix PD36 TAC flashlight on a Fenix ALB-10 handlebar mount. I know it’s a bit tough to see the bits, but it’s the most recent picture I’ve taken, mainly to show off the panniers to my friend who gifted them to me, since she wasn’t using them. They just arrived today.

View attachment 123220
So how are the Hafny E13 mirrors working for you?

Back