Noob question

Barkme Wolf

I ride a Radwagon 40 plus miles a day. I have had it for 5 months and put 2700 miles on it. So far I had to replace some spokes, get the derailleurs adjusted, replace a cable or two and fix flats.

The question is, do i need to be doing any upkeep on the motor? Just want to make sure I don't need to have the lube or bearings checked regularly..

Just keep checking the tension of those spokes in the rear wheel @Barkme Wolf and check that you have proper adjustment on the brakes, front & rear. Any dragging from those brakes will add a load on the motor and add to the risk of overheating. Best care would be to use your gears, particularly on hills so that the motor isn't unnecessarily overworked. A little TLC overall will help the bike but there's nothing else to do for the motor; that's one of the beauties of these hub motors.

Just keep checking the tension of those spokes in the rear wheel @Barkme Wolf and check that you have proper adjustment on the brakes, front & rear. Any dragging from those brakes will add a load on the motor and add to the risk of overheating. Best care would be to use your gears, particularly on hills so that the motor isn't unnecessarily overworked. A little TLC overall will help the bike but there's nothing else to do for the motor; that's one of the beauties of these hub motors.
Thanks. I treat it like a baby, keep it under 500w on hills.

Back