Non-specialized fender kit for Turbo X?

chuhsi

I just bought my Turbo X 2016 for commuting! Very excited to join this form. Thanks for all the advice so far.

I'm looking for a fender kit that fits my bike and want to avoid buying the $300 specialized one (I already installed a different rear rack).

Are there any fender kits that fit the bike and the huge tires? My LBS recommended SKS fenders, but after searching on Amazon, none seem to fit.

Thanks!

I'm very interested in the answer as well. My LBS said you hardly even need a fender if you have a rear rack. Is that true?

In my experience I riding in the rain going full speed the SKS fender is too short. The fender that mount under the head tube will fit...I think, but like I said, too much water comes of the very front of the tire to make the fender useful. I just run without and grin and embrace the rain...for now.

Side note, the Specialized fender will not work with 45c or larger tires, which is weird because the turbo s has 45c's.

In my experience I riding in the rain going full speed the SKS fender is too short. The fender that mount under the head tube will fit...I think, but like I said, too much water comes of the very front of the tire to make the fender useful. I just run without and grin and embrace the rain...for now.

Side note, the Specialized fender will not work with 45c or larger tires, which is weird because the turbo s has 45c's.

But in reality the tires are 47mm inflated not 45 what they say. Specialized dealer I brought the bike from but SKS 50c plastic fender on for free. I can't say how it is with stock fenders my guess is they are 45c but barley cover tire surface, and the braces have enought clearence for the tires.

Not sure if you figured this out, but the Specialized Rolls fenders fit the Turbo X. There is also adapters for mounting the stays on the front suspension fork. They only require minimal modifications to work.

Just mounted new fenders on my Turbo S. It fits perfectly, but took me awhile to put it on. Had some problems with screw threads on the frame so I have to run a few turns with screw tap on bottom bracket were rear fender is mounting on. And done some routing wires to connect rear LED ligths on fender. I bought new sets of fenders from Curana C-lite with integrated LED. Had little difficulty to fit on the front, it took some time to find it right but it ends up very nice.

I like to use carbon vinyl wrap I did it on my old fenders so I did the same on this new sets. I gives the bike much better look ;)

IMG_0050.jpg

Back