No power! Pedal assist not working.

Consider the connection that seems well sealed, if it does happen to have a tiny leak, whatever leaks in is trapped there, doing all sorts of dastardly deeds to things electrical in nature....

Consider the connection that seems well sealed, if it does happen to have a tiny leak, whatever leaks in is trapped there, doing all sorts of dastardly deeds to things electrical in nature....
Very good point but was just wondering where to put the dielectric grease?

The plan is to coat the pins and sockets carrying the electricity with a thin layer of dielectric. Maybe kind of paint it on with something like a Qtip? Not so much you can't plug it back together, but more to seal the connections against water intrusion. And you want to do all of the similar connectors that you can find. Remove the battery to do those connections as well.

My cap that protects & covers the torque sensor has gone missing & with the weather in the uk at the moment being pretty much rain all the time,water & moisture is getting in to the sensor causing it to malfunction stopping the pedal assist!
I've tried putting cling film over the sensor but it's very akward to get on due to the sensor being located so close to the cogs.
Any other alternatives?
Any help would be appreciated thanks

Last edited:
No recommendation. They're rather generic. You can find at an auto-parts store, electrical supply, or hardware store.
If you keep a pending amazon cart you can throw one of these in there: https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-220...words=dielectric+grease&qid=1583943558&sr=8-3

Thanks - ordered - how exactly do I use this stuff? I have a yamaha downtube mounted battery. Just a little dab on the battery terminals and the battery connectors on the frame? Do rub on with a brush? Do I wipe it off or just leave it on there?

Yep, a little dab'l dooya. ;)

It seals out moisture, prevents corrosion, is not conductive nor flammable. If you apply too much to a connection you can actually electrically insulate it, so it's more for sealing out moisture. On mine, I put a dab on each contact, spread it around a bit with an old toothbrush, and reassembled.

There is good information online if you google it, vids, blogs, descriptions, and on ad infinitem. 👍

Back