No more SparkBike, now it's Rize

I find this concerning. Will I be able to buy a new battery or some other part for my spark bike a few years down the road?

I wonder why they did this. Is it possible to declare bankruptcy then register a new name/owner then continue operations?

I've sent them an email to Rize Bikes asking the question of warranty, parts and service. they are still selling the sliverfish battery that fits the mini and the mini looks the same with a few new added features, so I don't think parts will be an issue moving forward. I will post what I hear back from them though.
I worked/work for a company for 31 years (employee # 45 of 3500) that Canadians will probably have used or a least heard of and there were approx. 19+ name changes within that time frame and nothing changed for the customers during these events, there are non nefarious circumstances that warrant name changes. If this opinion proves to be wrong, I guess I will have to edit my unboxing video 8^(

It's odd that their old website is still up, and doesn't re-direct to the new site with their new name.
Yeah, they have "Spark Bikes Legacy" plastered over the top, so I find it odd they don't have at least a write up about how they're now "Rize".

On the Rize site, there's nothing on their "About" page regarding the Spark Bikes "Legacy".

I received a response yesterday afternoon from Spark Bikes, But I thought it prudent to ask permission to post it here and I just received that, so here it is:

Hello Daryl,

Thank you for contacting us. We have changed our name to expand globally to new markets. We are still the same company, Canadian owned and operated, and still the same owners. The Spark Bike website, email, and phone line will remain opened for customer service, and warranty purposes. We will still provide warranty services even after it expires, we're the same company but operating under a new brand. All Spark customer will continue to have our undivided attention and working with you until every aspect of your transaction has met your expectations. So your warranty will not be effected at all.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Jay Del Monte
Rize Bikes Team

I received a response yesterday afternoon from Spark Bikes, But I thought it prudent to ask permission to post it here and I just received that, so here it is:

Hello Daryl,

Thank you for contacting us. We have changed our name to expand globally to new markets. We are still the same company, Canadian owned and operated, and still the same owners. The Spark Bike website, email, and phone line will remain opened for customer service, and warranty purposes. We will still provide warranty services even after it expires, we're the same company but operating under a new brand. All Spark customer will continue to have our undivided attention and working with you until every aspect of your transaction has met your expectations. So your warranty will not be effected at all.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Jay Del Monte
Rize Bikes Team

Makes sense. There are other bike brands named 'Spark' globally.

Makes sense. There are other bike brands named 'Spark' globally.
I got a similar email this evening, and he specifically called out 3 other Spark Bikes internationally, so I'm happy with the quick response.

Knock on wood, but the bike has held up for over 1,200km, so it should survive the warranty period. :)

How do we get the Rize on here as a brand instead of using the old Spark when we search for "Brand"
It's my understanding that EBR creates Brand forums when one of them reviews a bike. Since Rize is just a rebranding of the same company, they might rename the forum, and add a note at the head of the forum.

I remember seeing something similar for another brand, but I don't recall which one.

Either way, I hope they review the Rize 2020 and/or the Rize RX 2020. I'm debating a mid-drive vs. hub drive with torque sensor as a second long-ride e-bike, and Rize is super competitive in the bang-for-buck arena.

Antboy. Thanks for the input, I hope they do what you suggested with the name and also review the Rize. I am also looking at the Rize RX. If you are also considering a hub as well as mid motor, I would suggest lookinf at the Surface604 models. One of the few brands with hubs I found that has torque sensing. They seem to have decent components.

Antboy. Thanks for the input, I hope they do what you suggested with the name and also review the Rize. I am also looking at the Rize RX. If you are also considering a hub as well as mid motor, I would suggest lookinf at the Surface604 models. One of the few brands with hubs I found that has torque sensing. They seem to have decent components.
The Surface 604 Colt was on my shortlist, but seeing the Rize 2020 with a 17ah battery and torque sensor come out at $1999, it's got me thinking, since the Colt with 14ah is $2899.

The $900 is hard to ignore, if I'm going to stick with a hub/torque bike (though I do know there's more to it than just price).

I'm at least 4 months out before making a final decision though, so I'm looking around a lot. :)

Back