No Liv sub-forum so I'll ask here

Telkwa

The Liv Amiti -E has a Yamaha 400Wh battery. The battery is contained within a plastic shroud.

Does anyone know if the 400Wh battery can be swapped out for a 500Wh?

I found four Philips screws on the underside of the battery, but removing the screws did not release the shroud. Apparently there's more to it than that.

According to a young man in the nearest bike shop that carries Liv, the Amiti cannot be upgraded to a 500Wh. I don't know if that's the final answer.

Thanks for the link. I didn't see anything that really answered the Liv-specific question. I'll keep looking though!

It's kinda frustrating that there doesn't seem to be anyone to contact at the company. You're expected to do everything thru the shop, but they don't have all day to look up questions from consumers.

Telkwa,

That link is to the liv website.

If you look down near the bottom, you will see a table that shows side release batteries. The table shows the number of cells, weight and dimensions are the same for the 400 and the 500. Same thing for the downtube battery. My understanding is they both use the same number of cells, just different cell capacity to change the rating. the 500 whr pack has 3500 mah cells the 400 would be around . Somewhere in the giant websites it specifies that the 400 and 500 are interachangeable.

Back