Nireeka triple charged me for 1 ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4210

This company has triple charged my Amex. AMEX got involved, and after Max the CEO first claimed they never saw the money from AMEX, (when AMEX insisted they had the money) they suddenly "found the money". This after 3 weeks after effectively stealing my money, without any authorization whatsoever. After saying they would then refund it back to my card, they now call AMEX 'rubbish', and says their refund won't work. And so they want my bank account number to wire transfer. (Interesting, so they can steal yet more of my money ???) of course there is no way they are getting my bank account number. Of course no ebike is here, and they have this big long supposed list of shipping steps that they call the 'tracking system', none of it from any third party shipper. Its their own creation to probably make it look like something is happening.

Here is their 'tracking' notes (given their lies thus far, and stealing more than 3 times what I authorized of my money - two of the unauthorized charges were $600 each HIGHER than the original legitimate charge - not sure any of the below tracking is legitimate.) :

Amex is involved and says I wont be liable for the two charges, but the original cant be disputed until 7 days past when the seller SAYS the ebike should arrive. That means Dec 17th.

The CEO has been unprofessional throughout, not only by calling Amex 'rubbish', but then accusing me of filing disputes for all 3 charges, when that not only never occurred, but AMEX would not even do that, taking the sellers word they actually shipped something. And its been over 3 weeks since they had the money, and have had ample time to process the refund. Its rare, but if I have to refund someone some money on AMEX, at most it has taken 4 days to show up on their card statement on-line. I'm a small business who accepts all cards, so its not as if I don't know the 'drill' here in terms of how refunds work.

I was giving this seller a chance, and had planned to evaluate their product for possibly becoming a dealer, but now that this has occurred that possibility has become one of hanging by a very thin hair. We will see if I ever get the bike itself, and will keep people posted. For now, I would use extreme caution. Especially since the card showed Dubai, and I had no idea that was where their bank was or their operations. Thus the 'perils' of buying on-line can be there and happen to anyone. I took a chance, realizing fully they were new, but that is why I used Amex too. I did not perform my usual amount of due diligence, and I have never taken a chance on any company that just got off of Indiegogo funding. I do however always only try a new ebike brand out, and test it for a while, before ever considering carrying them. And I test out their support system, and watch for how the buying process unfolds etc, and how they respond if any issues come up. The biggest red flag is how unprofessional the CEO has handled it, and his propensity to QUICKLY and frequently blame others like Amex, and he even blamed his own 'CFO.' (a start up has a 'CFO' to look at their own bank account ? that the CEO has no access to ???) I re-titled this thread to back off on how I labeled this situation originally. The 3 triple charges are true, as is everything stated in the above description. Didnt need to add in the original perjoratives, so I took those all out. They didn't serve any purpose, and were just some raw 'venting.' (my swear words here at home, got my wife pretty rattled though)

Last edited by a moderator:
This company is fraudulent, and has triple charged my Amex. AMEX got involved, and after Max the CEO first claimed they never saw the money from AMEX, (when AMEX insisted they had the money) they suddenly "found the money". This after 3 weeks after effectively stealing my money, without any authorization whatsoever. After saying they would then refund it back to my card, they now call AMEX 'rubbish', and says their refund won't work. And so they want my bank account number to wire transfer. (Interesting, so they can steal yet more of my money ???) of course there is no way they are getting my bank account number. Of course no ebike is here, and they have this big long supposed list of shipping steps that they call the 'tracking system', none of it from any third party shipper. Its their own creation to probably make it look like something is happening.

Here is their 'tracking' notes (given their lies thus far, and stealing 3 times what I authorized of my money, I suspect these dates will come and go, and Dec 10th there wont be any ebike arrival) :

That sucks Mike, hopefully Amex will take care of it for you. It's been my experience with credit card companies that they are pretty good about getting your money back...

Wow what a frustrating experience.
Hang in there Mike. I suspect if you keep working with Amex you will get a refund. It may require speaking to more than a front line customer service rep. Please post the out come.

That sucks Mike, hopefully Amex will take care of it for you. It's been my experience with credit card companies that they are pretty good about getting your money back...
Yep. It's rather unfortunate the seller appears to be stalling at best, or literally fighting it all at worst, when they know the extra charges are not legit at all, and they were the ones who somehow initiated those charges. There was no pressing of the 'Buy now' button 3 times or any mistake like that, since two of the later charges were the wrong amounts and considerably higher.

I am sorry that this has happened to you, Mike. But, correct me if I’m wrong, aren’t you always dissuading folks from purchasing online? Now you’ve done what you recommended against and did so without due diligence. Why? I’m just trying to understand here. Regardless, I hope you get this all sorted out to your satisfaction. Amex should protect you without too much problem. And, you’re smart to not give out your bank info.

thank you for letting us know.

Looks like it's very common for some individuals to do some photo shop of nice quality pictures or videos (For ev's also see Nikola ) and then say that they have a project and even accept money for future deliveries. It costs maybe 3-400$ to get a designer do a marvelous , futuristic ebike amd another 500$ to have the The story published on several important websites or blogs.

"Amex is involved and says I wont be liable for the two charges, but the original cant be disputed until 7 days past when the seller SAYS the ebike should arrive. That means Dec 17th."

I'm confused by this. You seem to imply that the company intentionally overcharged you twice, but why are you disputing the first charge? As someone who owned an ecommerce site, I would have multiple charges like this happen sometimes because someone hit submit multiple times because they didn't think the order went through. Also, with AMEX the customer is always right so you would never have be pay the amount. I don't understand why it escalated to the point of the CEO being involved.

This behavior has sadly become the “self regulated” new white collar crime wave. E-commerce is more and more the carrier of fraud the more international it’s become. Double-billing, even “accidentally“ shipping your order to someone else while charging you (Oh, did we do that? Sorry, we’re out of stock now. We’ll get you a refund.) is the new way to keep money in the pipeline without ever delivering.

I've been purchasing from the internet for over 20 years and have yet to suffer a loss. Purchasing locally can have advantages, but not always as sometimes it can end up being your word against theirs. I can honestly say that I've had more issues with local purchases than online.
As long as you apply common sense and get the pertinent information in writing, your credit card will protect you. Always print out a pdf screenshot of information during the purchase process.

I've been purchasing from the internet for over 20 years and have yet to suffer a loss. Purchasing locally can have advantages, but not always as sometimes it can end up being your word against theirs. I can honestly say that I've had more issues with local purchases than online.
As long as you apply common sense and get the pertinent information in writing, your credit card will protect you. Always print out a pdf screenshot of information during the purchase process.
My experience as well. AMEX especially has been very helpful.

I will second staying away from "startups". I once wanted to support a wireless puck solution. Send them my 175.00. 18 months later and 30 emails, 20 calls, I never got anything. Had to report them to the BB and then they went under. Basically they where doing the psudo Ponzi method: they where so underfunded they where selling products they had not produced but only prototyped.

I am sorry that this has happened to you, Mike. But, correct me if I’m wrong, aren’t you always dissuading folks from purchasing online? Now you’ve done what you recommended against and did so without due diligence. Why? I’m just trying to understand here. Regardless, I hope you get this all sorted out to your satisfaction. Amex should protect you without too much problem. And, you’re smart to not give out your bank info.
Hmm I've purchased 5 bikes online, without ever having a problem. However, they were all from places with physical shops nearby that I could go into to complain if need be.

Back