New X-treme Sedona - no motor - DOA?

ll12867

My new X-Treme Sedona came yesterday and I put it all together (don't get me started on the lack of useful directions for that stupid rack) and had my friend come over to validate and tweak and put the chain on. It works beautifully - except no motor. Battery is charged, LCD screen reflects everything good, but no throttle power and no PAS. It's basically a fully functioning, very heavy non-ebike.

I have checked all the connectors from the brakes to the throttle to the LCD to the connector closest to the motor, all good. Confirmed 4 LED on the battery and 4 blocks on the battery on the LCD. Nothing. Am I missing some magical on-off switch?! Seems like everything should be good to go. I can cycle through all the options on the PAS screen, all looks good. I did confirm that the brake cables aren't trapped in a state that would shut off power to the engine, also tried disconnecting them altogether. So frustrating! Any advice would be great.

My new X-Treme Sedona came yesterday and I put it all together (don't get me started on the lack of useful directions for that stupid rack) and had my friend come over to validate and tweak and put the chain on. It works beautifully - except no motor. Battery is charged, LCD screen reflects everything good, but no throttle power and no PAS. It's basically a fully functioning, very heavy non-ebike.

I have checked all the connectors from the brakes to the throttle to the LCD to the connector closest to the motor, all good. Confirmed 4 LED on the battery and 4 blocks on the battery on the LCD. Nothing. Am I missing some magical on-off switch?! Seems like everything should be good to go. I can cycle through all the options on the PAS screen, all looks good. I did confirm that the brake cables aren't trapped in a state that would shut off power to the engine, also tried disconnecting them altogether. So frustrating! Any advice would be great.

Hello,
Which one of the X-Treme Resellers did you purchase the bike from ? When I saw that Uptzy is a reseller, my gut feeling is this is not going to go well (Support that is)
based on the listed resellers. I hope I'm wrong. I mention Uptzy are a reseller as they come with a less than stellar sales and service reputation.

Hello,
Which one of the X-Treme Resellers did you purchase the bike from ? When I saw that Uptzy is a reseller, my gut feeling is this is not going to go well (Support that is)
based on the listed resellers. I hope I'm wrong. I mention Uptzy are a reseller as they come with a less than stellar sales and service reputation.
Support is from Xtreme, hoping they are open tomorrow. Bought from ebikevault.

The manual says you need to start riding before the throttle and pedals get the assist.
"Before you begin riding, turn the main power switch on, then start riding as you would ride any regular, non motor
assisted bicycle. After you have begun to ride, slowly twist the throttle (on equipped models) towards you. The more you
twist the throttle, the more motor power will be applied to the wheels. You may feel the pedals get a "lighter" feel than
riding without the motor assisting you. Once you have twisted the throttle all the way, the motor will accelerate you to its
full speed of about 18-20mph (28-32 km/h)."

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much I believe the manual, and I typically love manuals! I did try riding it, and did not get any assistance at all after peddling. There is a very shallow hill right outside my front door and I could barely get up it as nothing kicks in. Walk mode also doesn't work, though it may not be a feature of the bike, just a feature of the LCD display. also, as far as I'm aware, there is no main power switch. I would love to know if there is one, as that would certainly answer so many issues! there is just the key, and the button that turns the display on.

Back