New Turbo Vado 5.0 Questions

Is your tour box a Racktime brand clipping into the Racktime rack with the wood spacer? Perhaps a pic?
No, it is a no-name brand I bought on Amazon. I keep my tools, lock, and other odds and ends in it. Attaching a couple photos of the setup.

Attachments

• 20200313_131831.jpg
    20200313_131831.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 627
  • 20200313_131842.jpg
    20200313_131842.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 622
Hi @Shekky!
Here's the Racktime Tour Box mounted on Turbo Vado 5.0. When I got the parcel and opened it, first I was looking for the lock keys, and those were in a small plastic bag wrapped around the box' handle. Then I could not understand how to install the box in the rack ;-) It was very simple, just put the box on the rack with four small plastic pins projecting forward, then push the box, CLICK and that's it. A word of warning: The box is surprisingly small and it might not address your touring needs. The space is good enough for some anti-theft device, a small pump, tools, inner tube, a water bottle or two, some food and minimum of clothing. Decidedly not for long tour.
Is this the standard racktime rack that came with your vado? I'm trying to mount a garmin varia to mine. I don't seem to have a reflector like you, nor do I have holes to mount anything.

Attachments

• IMG_6787.jpg
    IMG_6787.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 171
Is this the standard racktime rack that came with your vado? I'm trying to mount a garmin varia to mine. I don't seem to have a reflector like you, nor do I have holes to mount anything.
It is just essential that there is a word "Racktime" stamped on the rack. All Racktime racks follow the same standard. The one you have shown looks similarly to the rack of my 2020 Vado SL 4.0 EQ.

It is just essential that there is a word "Racktime" stamped on the rack. All Racktime racks follow the same standard. The one you have shown looks similarly to the rack of my 2020 Vado SL 4.0 EQ.
Yes mine says racktime. Just trying to figure out why I don't have holes to mount anything. I have a racktime bag that slides and clips right in.

Yes, my Vado has the factory rear rack. I also use the Varia and if you look at the photos above, I bought a Garmin mount meant for the headset cap and mounted it to the rear cargo box I installed. That's not a reflector on the box but the Varia installed.

Yes, my Vado has the factory rear rack. I also use the Varia and if you look at the photos above, I bought a Garmin mount meant for the headset cap and mounted it to the rear cargo box I installed. That's not a reflector on the box but the Varia installed.
Thanks Shekky. In Stefan's photo, it seems he has a racktime rack with holes for a reflector/light. Your rack does look more like mine, (no holes available). I have a soft racktime bag so it wouldn't be as sturdy mounting the varia like it is yours. I am hoping to come up with a way to get a bracket mounted to the rack so I have the varia even when I don't have my bag with me.

Thanks Shekky. In Stefan's photo, it seems he has a racktime rack with holes for a reflector/light. Your rack does look more like mine, (no holes available). I have a soft racktime bag so it wouldn't be as sturdy mounting the varia like it is yours. I am hoping to come up with a way to get a bracket mounted to the rack so I have the varia even when I don't have my bag with me.
I have a number of bikes and move the Varia between them. There is a seat mount that works, from Amazon. A possible solution?
514NyPDsBVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It is a custom rack specifically made for Vado 6.0.
That explains it. I thought it was a stock rack time rack for the 5.0
I have a number of bikes and move the Varia between them. There is a seat mount that works, from Amazon. A possible solution?

Unfortunately my bag blocks the varia when on the seat post so it is useless if I have my bags with me. I appreciate the idea though, thank you.

That explains it. I thought it was a stock rack time rack for the 5.0

Unfortunately my bag blocks the varia when on the seat post so it is useless if I have my bags with me. I appreciate the idea though, thank you.
I'll throw one more idea your way. I've taken the mount to my hard trunk and have used the same mount on a soft trunk by backing it with a thin sheet of plastic on the inside of the trunk. Rigid enough to keep the Varia upright and pointing in the right direction! Good luck.

I'll throw one more idea your way. I've taken the mount to my hard trunk and have used the same mount on a soft trunk by backing it with a thin sheet of plastic on the inside of the trunk. Rigid enough to keep the Varia upright and pointing in the right direction! Good luck.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot.

Back