New trek police bike

My only concern would be the health of the battery as it is already 2+ years old. If the LBS gives you the full manufactures replacement warranty for the battery then that solves that worry
Good point. I'll definitely ask about that. Do you think the price is fair or is it on the high side? Thanks.

Interesting thread. I'll have to go thru it. Some 'part' of me wants to warm up to Trek. Impressive company. If they'd put a damn throttle on their bikes that part would enlarge. ( despite the power mad fanatic that I am ) 😁

Hi there, I’m new to the group. I have been looking for a new ebike and was at my LBS this past week and I came across the Trek Police ebike. It’s like the best of all worlds. I was offered a price of $3450. My question is this, do you think that’s a fair price? I know the bike is a 2018 or 2019 model year but this bike is new and they’re not willing to sell it to just anyone. I’ve bought many bikes from this shop over the years including my iZip E3 Sumo e-fat bike. That price is firm. Should I buy it?
I am a little surprised you actually found one from 2018/2019. Good job! When I was in the market for this bike, that was the 'new' price at that time, with little or no discounts. Trek corporate was very clear that you had to be in law enforcement to purchase the bike.

Considering what the others have posted concerning the battery at 1-2 years old, I would think a fair price would be around 3K for a 2 year old bike. I believe Trek changed the listing for that bike at one point and it had a price increase of $3850.00 US. Apparently your LBS is basing the asking price on the higher one advertised on their website one year ago. IDK, if you really like the bike, I would then grab it and call it a deal. Perhaps they could throw in some extras to make the final sale and put a bigger smile on your face (if of course they will actually sell it to you). Good Luck!

I am a little surprised you actually found one from 2018/2019. Good job! When I was in the market for this bike, that was the 'new' price at that time, with little or no discounts. Trek corporate was very clear that you had to be in law enforcement to purchase the bike.

Considering what the others have posted concerning the battery at 1-2 years old, I would think a fair price would be around 3K for a 2 year old bike. I believe Trek changed the listing for that bike at one point and it had a price increase of $3850.00 US. Apparently your LBS is basing the asking price on the higher one advertised on their website one year ago. IDK, if you really like the bike, I would then grab it and call it a deal. Perhaps they could throw in some extras to make the final sale and put a bigger smile on your face (if of course they will actually sell it to you). Good Luck!
Thanks for the feedback, Bob. I appreciate it. I know this shop is asking a premium for this bike because it's the only one they have and they know someone will buy it. It's not actively for sale. I was in there looking at the Trek Allant+ 8S. After test riding it, I was unsure if I really wanted a commuter ebike. I just don't like the look of the Allant. The manager, who I was working with, then showed me the Trek Police ebike. He said he didn't know if the shop owner would want to sell the bike, but he would check. I test rode it to see if I liked it and I kinda fell in love with it. Way more my style than the Allant+ 8S and more functional for my use and how and where I ride. They called me the next morning and offered to sell it to me for $3450. I asked if that was the best they could do, and they said it was. So if I want it, that's what I'll be paying for it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, Bob. I appreciate it. I know this shop is asking a premium for this bike because it's the only one they have and they know someone will buy it. It's not actively for sale. I was in there looking at the Trek Allant+ 8S. After test riding it, I was unsure if I really wanted a commuter ebike. I just don't like the look of the Allant. The manager, who I was working with, then showed me the Trek Police ebike. He said he didn't know if the shop owner would want to sell the bike, but he would check. I test rode it to see if I liked it and I kinda fell in love with it. Way more my style than the Allant+ 8S and more functional for my use and how and where I ride. They called me the next morning and offered to sell it to me for $3450. I asked if that was the best they could do, and they said it was. So if I want it, that's what I'll be paying for it.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Hey no prob, glad to help. I spent a lot of time going back and forth at a few Trek LBS researching and hunting it down a few years back. At that time, Trek was happy to sell it to me, then corporate changed the rules. Like you, I fell in love with this bike as soon as I heard about it. Seemed like it was one of a kind, plus I could get local support. In addition, others had complained about the stock tires sold on it (Schwalbe G-One Performance). They were prone to going flat with poor puncture protection and some did not like the tread pattern so much.

Another add on for me would be a suspension seat post ie: Shock Stop, Kinekt, Thudbuster, etc.

Interesting that they called you for a sale. Perhaps not a quick seller? What I can say from my own experience, once you ride one you really like, the decision is made right on the spot. If you think too long, you may regret it later. However, there are always others that will strike you the same too.
Happy shopping! ;)

Hey no prob, glad to help. I spent a lot of time going back and forth at a few Trek LBS researching and hunting it down a few years back. At that time, Trek was happy to sell it to me, then corporate changed the rules. Like you, I fell in love with this bike as soon as I heard about it. Seemed like it was one of a kind, plus I could get local support. In addition, others had complained about the stock tires sold on it (Schwalbe G-One Performance). They were prone to going flat with poor puncture protection and some did not like the tread pattern so much.

Another add on for me would be a suspension seat post ie: Shock Stop, Kinekt, Thudbuster, etc.

Interesting that they called you for a sale. Perhaps not a quick seller? What I can say from my own experience, once you ride one you really like, the decision is made right on the spot. If you think too long, you may regret it later. However, there are always others that will strike you the same too.
Happy shopping! ;)
Just to clear things up, the manager of the bike shop had a thought after I test rode the Trek Allant+ 8S, he thought perhaps I might be more interested in the Trek Police eMTB. It wasn’t for sale but it was outside in front of the shop. He asked what I thought about it and I told him I needed to ride it. He did make it clear that the bike may not be for sale but he would talk to the owner. These guys know me very well. I’ve been involved with several cycling fundraisers over the years and I’ve bought many other bikes and gear from this bike shop. So he spoke with the owner and explained I was interested in the Police eMTB and he agreed to sell it to me.

I still haven’t decided because it’s a large frame and I normally ride a size medium in a MTB frame. The large frame in the Allant+ 8S fit me better than the medium but the geometry is different on those bikes. I would normally ride an 18” MTB frame. The medium for this bike is 17.5” and the large is 19.5”. Just not sure. It could work but may not be ideal for off road/trail riding. This is the only Police eMTB that I know of that’s available. Anyway, that’s where I’m at with this.

Last edited:
Just to clear things up, the manager of the bike shop had a thought after I test rode the Trek Allant+ 8S, he thought perhaps I might be more interested in the Trek Police eMTB. It wasn’t for sale but it was outside in front of the shop. He asked what I thought about it and I told him I needed to ride it. He did make it clear that the bike may not be for sale but he would talk to the owner. These guys know me very well. I’ve been involved with several cycling fundraisers over the years and I’ve bought many other bikes and gear from this bike shop. So he spoke with the owner and explained I was interested in the Police eMTB and he agreed to sell it to me.

I still haven’t decided because it’s a large frame and I normally ride a size medium in a MTB frame. The large frame in the Allant+ 8S fit me better than the medium but the geometry is different on those bikes. I would normally ride an 18” MTB frame. The medium for this bike is 17.5” and the large is 19.5”. Just not sure. It could work but may not be ideal for off road/trail riding. This is the only Police eMTB that I know of that’s available. Anyway, that’s where I’m at with this.
Ahh, okay thanks for your in depth explanation. Sizing seems to be a big issue with many riders. Some seem to think that it is no biggie when stopping the bike, just lean to one side to clear the top tube and avoid harming the family jewels. Ferrazzi Bikes tried pitching me on a bike that was obviously too large for me telling me the same thing. I opted out immediately.

When I placed my order for the PB in size small, it was immediately put on back order for 2 months, then in the interim, you know the story. Its your call, so your best decision will hopefully reap the best rewards. No buyers remorse with this one at all costs. Cheers!

Back