New trek police bike

Mattlow165

Picked up this new trek police bike today at my lbs. It's a speed pedelec with Bosch and a front suspension with rack. So far it seems amazing as a 29er with street tires it really keeps the momentum. Loving this over my urban plus.
15274844100914779261007388237672.jpg

Great looking bike. Since you also have the Urban Plus, how would you compare the Bosch Performance Speed vs. Tranzx M25GTS?

The tranzx definitely has more power but the Bosch is more responsive with seemingly more torque. The tranzx held the higher speed easier I think but the Bosch is so smooth it's insane with the shift detection. You could compare the tranzx and Bosch like a car with high hp vs more torque. Just my two cents. Also the Bosch makes you work for the power. It has more of a torque sense vs the tranzx was more of a cadense and just 0-100 with a few pedals it was kinda nice but depends on who you ask I suppose.

Hello
I am very interested in this bike. In fact this is about the most appealing one so far. Does it come with lights? Does it come with any bosses to mount fenders? Would love to see more pics.
Thanks in Advance

Yes it comes with bosses for fenders I'll take a pic of mine later today and post it. I added panniers top bag, adjustable bottle cage, and lights front and back. It doesn't come with lights. And there are bosses for fenders.

Yes it comes with bosses for fenders I'll take a pic of mine later today and post it. I added panniers top bag, adjustable bottle cage, and lights front and back. It doesn't come with lights. And there are bosses for fenders.
Awesome
Thanks for the reply.

Very Sharp!
=D
In your opinion, do you think this would make a good commuter bike.

Absolutely. Some lights and some type of bag and your good to go. It's got a great air fork and the tires are just right paired with the Bosch system and 28 mph I think it's the perfect commuter for me. I ride it to and from work everyday. I just keep the air in the tires at Max psi and the chain clean and she's good to go.

Absolutely. Some lights and some type of bag and your good to go. It's got a great air fork and the tires are just right paired with the Bosch system and 28 mph I think it's the perfect commuter for me. I ride it to and from work everyday. I just keep the air in the tires at Max psi and the chain clean and she's good to go.

If you don't mind me asking how tall are you? I found one coming in to my LBS at the end of the month, but it is 21.5 inches and I am concerned it might not be a good fit for me. I am 6' 5".

If you don't mind me asking how tall are you? I found one coming in to my LBS at the end of the month, but it is 21.5 inches and I am concerned it might not be a good fit for me. I am 6' 5".

Gator-It would interesting to know if you like the bike after you do a test ride and let us know your thoughts with overall performance. Good Luck.

I love this bike honestly. I'm 6,3 and with the seat up at the correct height there's still plenty for a taller person. I have the 21.5 also.

This bike is the definition of a versatile E-bike. For $3500 and the support of Trek, you really can't go wrong.
A capable 29er, commuter, eMTB all in one.
E-bike marketing folks at Trek should promote this more than anything else.
Honestly if you look at the super cummuter it's a great platform for sure. But for less money you get the same speed with the same wh battery and a suspension fork with a 29er it's a awesome package from trek that not to many know about.
Court should do a review on one. I think it would be great.
Rav hit him up lol.

This bike is the definition of a versatile E-bike. For $3500 and the support of Trek, you really can't go wrong.
A capable 29er, commuter, eMTB all in one.
E-bike marketing folks at Trek should promote this more than anything else.

I agree, this bike really needs more recognition than it has been getting from Trek. From the get go, was not sure if it was even available to the general public. Trek has left it up to dealer discretion to sell the bike to the general public, of course without the police stickers...

I imagine Trek would rather sell the more expensive and profitable Super Commuter+ 8S than the Police bike.

Yes, very true indeed. Most of the Trek dealers I notified only have a few E-bikes for test rides, and one of them is always the SC+8S. Never a Police bike in stock in my region.

Last edited:
I love this bike honestly. I'm 6,3 and with the seat up at the correct height there's still plenty for a taller person. I have the 21.5 also.

I put a deposit down on a Giant in XL. If that deal falls through this is my back up. It is a sharp bike!

Back