New to Forum and E-Bikes but not new to cycling

RichardL

I am a former Southern California bicycle shop owner (19 years) and bicycle racer. That was many years and many pounds ago. I have purchased a Giant Road-E+ 1 Pro the other day. The shop is still getting the bike together for me and so I have not yet taken delivery. I am involved in some community patrols that are connected to a local Sheriff's Department and hope to use this bike on those. We have some very tough hills in the community as we are on the foothills of a National Forest area.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 20, 3 42 29 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 20, 3 42 29 PM.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 384
  • Photo Dec 20, 3 42 20 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 20, 3 42 20 PM.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 382
  • Photo Dec 20, 3 41 29 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 20, 3 41 29 PM.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 382
  • Photo Dec 20, 3 40 48 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 20, 3 40 48 PM.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 390
Welcome aboard, both the ebike (soon) and the forums. I love the hill-erasing ability of my bike, when I don't want to inch up a tough hill standing on the pedals! Even the not so tough ones, if at the end of a long ride, and I'm feeling sorta wiped out... basically, love having that boost in reserve for whatever legit reason comes along.

I'll give you the update on my 2019 Giant Road E+1 Pro. So far the bike has been fantastic. I'm able to go on group rides and have done more riding with it that I have in years. I'm using Eco set to 75% most of the time. This has reduced stress on my knees and ankles with have suffered in recent years. If you are lurking here and on the fence on getting an ebike I can highly recommend it! The last thing I would say is that an ebike is an excuse buster. Windy out? No problem! Friends want to go riding further or on a hillier course than you could normally handle? No problem!

Last edited:
Welcome Richard. The E-bike motto-No problem! I think this will stick quite well considering we all have a new pair of bionic legs. Enjoy your new ride. Looks like a winner!

If you are lurking here and on the fence on getting an ebike I can highly recommend it! The last thing I would say is that an ebike is an excuse buster. Windy out? No problem! Friends want to go riding further or on a hillier course than you could normally handle? No problem!
Amen to that! All I can say about ebiking is I wish I'd bought an ebike when I first thought about doing so a few years ago, instead of waiting till last year! Game changer, for sure! I'd never be able to do my 25 mile round-trip commute on a conventional bike on our hilly terrain. The ebike makes it fun and great excercise.

Thanks for the update!!

Back