New to Battery powered Bikes, and lovin it!

Ratbuilder

A few months ago, I bought a Ecotric Fat tire 26" bike. I am 73 years old, and I do not have the stamina that I once did. LOL I live in South Eastern Idaho and we have lots of paved bike paths around here. I really enjoy my bike. I bought a 20" Ecotric for my girlfriend, and that is the reason I joined this forum. I will move over to the Ecotric section and ask my questions.

To tell all of you about me, I am a retired Heavy Equipment Mechanic. I did it for 45 years, and I enjoy being retired. I needed to do something after I retired, so I built a Hot Rod from scratch. It is a 1923 Ford body with a 3 foot long flatbed. It is powered by a 196??? Chevy 396 big block. I designed it to go off-road, and it works extremely well. I have a 3 link in the front, and a 4 link in the rear for suspension. I have air-bags on all 4 corners. I built the frame and all of the things like the headlight mounts, flat bed, storage box, steering linkage, etc. I can explain more if anyone wants to know more.

I have a Polaris quad, and an XT600 dirt bike.

From just what I have read on these forums, there are some very smart people here, and I am looking forward to talking with you.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    873.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 274
Thanks CodyDog. It keeps me out of the bars. LOL I just installed my driveline tonight. Had to lengthen it a little. Sadly, all of my toys need warmer weather. It is going to get 16 degrees tonight and tomorrow the high will be 37. Thank heavens my shop has a heater.

Welcome to EBR. Really like the truck, but you might have to lengthen the bed a bit to haul 2 ebikes :D

Actually I have a receiver type of bike carrier, and It will go in my Jeep, my Dodge pickup, or my hot rod. I had to modify it to hold my fat tire 26", now I have to modify it again for the 20" fat tire bike. LOL Oh well, what else do I have to do. Thanks for the comment Art.

Welcome Ratbuilder, sounds like you’re having fun after years of hard work. You can really get hooked on these ebikes. Have fun and ride safe.

Back