New ST2 owners

Michiel

Hi all. New here. Next week thursday my wife and I will each get our brand new ST2.
Mine: 20 inch sport with the extended range 983Wh battery and my 30kg lighter wife a 17 inch sport with the standard 814Wh battery.
To be used only for long sportive recreational rides in hills, mountains and in strong windy weather.
Any suggestions and practical tips for us newbies are welcome.
I hope to share my experiences with you guys.

Last edited:
@Michiel you will love the bike. Make sure to carry your key with you at all times. If you follow some of my other threads you will see why. The best addition I have made is a body float seat post... Expensive but makes a huge difference in the ride comfort.

Thanks. That's Just the extra we have both ordered as well after the extensive test drives we made. :)

@Michiel you will love the bike. Make sure to carry your key with you at all times. If you follow some of my other threads you will see why. The best addition I have made is a body float seat post... Expensive but makes a huge difference in the ride comfort.
Battery door key yes! First ride yesterday on 2 new ST2 s. After a dozen stops I saw my display was off an would not come on
so like problems with cell phones I opened the battery door an took battery out for a few minutes an it then worked the rest of the day.

Congats on your St2 , and your wife's. Sorry to bring up flats at such a joyess time , But I learned a big lesson today on how to remove the rear wheel I wanted to pass along, maybe you already knows this . I had never attempted doing it with the bike upside down. It was super easy, just need to remove bell and power button. Much easier than on a bike stand. Taking chain off of front ring helped too. Have fun with your ebike s. Have had my St2 a little over a year, and still think it's the best thing I'll ever own for transportion.

I'm jealous
I wish Stromer ebikes were available in Australia
Hope you and your wife enjoy your new toys
All us EBR members look forward to hearing about your adventures
Ride safe and have fun

Last edited:
I wish Stromer ebikes were able in AuTstralia

Stromer is not markeded in Norway either. My solution was to contact a abroad dealership. I choosed a Stromer-dealer in Hamburg/ Germany; who gave me good service/follow up before the buy and was willing to arrange shipping to Norway.
What about any warranty-trouble or when service is needed you say ?
-I am sure I will get all support I need over phone or email from the dealer/ Stromer. If I get problems with the bike which is warranty-related; the dealer will post me the parts free of charge. How ever; I will need to facilitate the repair-job myself. I will use a local ebike-shop for this, or rely on my own skills or friends.
Fortunately; most parts of a bike is made of commonly available parts; made by subcontractors; like Shimano, etc. Only the frame, motor, battery/electronics are brand-specific. So I am sure my bike will get good service when needed :)

If you export a bike outside the EU-community; you do not have to pay VAT when it is exported to Australia. But shippingcosts to Australia will cost you; I dont know; euro 300-600 range I would think. For instance this web-portal could give you a idea of this cost: http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/shipping/australia

So it is only a question of how much having a bike like this is worth to you ;-)

The reasonable thing for you to do; would be to find a locally supported brand. But hey; investing in a premium e-bike is a emotional thing :)

Definitely have your key with you and it would probably be a good idea to pull that rear wheel before you hit the road; especially so if you are taking some longer trips; much better to have done it at least once rather than trying to figure it out on the trail as it were. I am reminding myself that I need to do this too. I have the Body Float and it's a very worthwhile addition for the type of riding you describe. I threw a USB phone cord in my trunk bag just in case I forget to charge my phone.

Congrats, and another vote for Body Float, they really make a nice difference.

As far as flat repairs I have found a couple of companies that make inner tubes that are capped at both ends so they are not round like a conventional tube but just linear with both ends capped (I forget the brand names - will post when I find them) so you don't have to take the wheel off to replace the tube. They are made for heavy cruiser bikes and ebikes that are either heavy or cumbersome to remove the wheel easily. Very convenient to use, basically just cut the old tube in half to remove and then stuff the new one in without having to remove the wheel, perfect for the Stromer! I would use these tubes as a temporary fix until I could install a normal tube at a shop - just use them on the road for a temp flat repair.

I'll re-post with the brand names, but I know one of them is European made and I got them on Amazon.

I did not know of those kinds of quick-change innertubes before. Thanks for informing about them, Master Blaster :)

Any reason why you would consider these quick-change innertubes as temporary solutions ?
I wonder if these tubes gives "smooth" ride, like ordinary tubes; or a "bump" where the ends of the tube meets........

I have earlier found the following link to a kick-starter project:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I dont believe it is commercially available yet, but sounds like a neat idea. Even easier than those quick-tubes; but perhaps not as "permanent".

Any reason why you would consider these quick-change innertubes as temporary solutions ?
I wonder if these tubes gives "smooth" ride, like ordinary tubes; or a "bump" where the ends of the tube meets........
Yes where the ends reach each other there is some wear and will leak after time, read some comments on the net.

The Gaadi ride smooth no bumps

Hi !! I am so happy to find this forum. I live in Stockholm and i am lost since a week if i should go with stromer st2 or a dirt bike from NYX carbon fiber which is obviously illegal by law.. but if i will buy it I am willing to ride it carefully between pedestrian . I loved the stromer balance and weight.. comparing to what i have in mind but i have read many forums about problems in the gps system and their technology as well about the rear rack and fender.. i know it can be small things and could be solved but the amount of stromer is not small specially it does not have suspension fork.. I truly need an advise and personal experience if you are satisfied with the bike and if you think police nowdays are more open to stop u if they just see a big frame bike? or if u ride carefully and following the speed law it could be fine?:) many thanks..

comparing to what i have in mind but i have read many forums about problems in the gps system and their technology as well about the rear rack and fender.. i know it can be small things and could be solved but the amount of stromer is not small specially it does not have suspension fork.. I truly need an advise and personal experience if you are satisfied with the bike and if you think police nowdays are more open to stop u if they just see a big frame bike? ..

First adopters have some minor problems, live with it , mostly solved under warranty.
Advice: buy the ST2 suspension fork, as I did afterwards a BIG improvement, look also for a seatpost suspension.
Never stopped by cops only by interested people

Back