New ST1 Platinum - Battery Door and Display Problems

bklynjim

Hey guys,
So my bike was delivered today. Unfortunately I have 2 issues. The display has the same contrast issue as Lilrich1959, I can read it but it's not easily. I guess I'll need a replacement. The other issue is I can't remove the battery. The key turns (only about 1/4 turn) and I hear an audible click, I can then push the button and the battery door opens about 1/2 inch but that's all. Has anyone else had this issue? Calling my dealer now, hopefully I can sort this out easily.

They will most likely need to replace the lock mechanism, at least adjust or form the piece that slides to lock. On my bike the wire from the light got in the way and caused this. They can remove the door by removing a bolt on the bottom and then get to the lock

Thanks for that information opimax. Sounds like I need to bring it in. From your description it seems my problem may not be the lock core itself but the latch part not releasing all the way so the battery is free of the frame.

I have had 3 different key sets for one of my bikes, 1 may have been my fault , may..

I had somewhat of a same problem. I had a hard time turning the key. I use some graphite lubricant how the key turn with out a problem.

How much does the key turn? I'm only getting 1/8 of a turn. It is unlocking enough so the button can be pushed but I'm not sure if it should turn more to further release the battery.

It's should turn more then that. You push the bottom, the door should pop open. Graphite lubricant should help out a lot.

Hey Guys,
It's a bit hard to read (it cycles fast and my display has the contrast problem) but when the display first turns on it shows d0076 (or possibly c0076) and then d0088 and then the normal display. Are these error messages? Thanks guys.

Back