NEW SONDORS LX

The extra weight must be coming from the newly designed frames. They are definitely beefier and are less likely to have stress issues that can cause failure.
Also the Bafang Ultra motor weighs 2.6 lbs more than a Bafang 750w hub motor and the 48v 21ah battery will be heavier than any of the batteries on its other models.

The weight estimate was off by quite a bit, something like 25%
I think they could have done a better job in estimating the extra weight sooner than they did instead of waiting until after they were shipped out.

And tall too! I love the design just needs to be 9/10th as big :)
Well a few weeks from now mine might be up for sale for those that are interested. I honestly don't see this bike working out for me which is a massive let down.

Last edited:
I've put in a cancel order request with Sondors today. Their last email rubbed be the wrong way and after 6 months I have no more patience for it. Very disappointed. I really do think this bike will be awesome and hope all those that have ordered it get them sooner rather than later and enjoy every mile with them. Unfortunately I won't be one of them.

I've put in a cancel order request with Sondors today. Their last email rubbed be the wrong way and after 6 months I have no more patience for it. Very disappointed. I really do think this bike will be awesome and hope all those that have ordered it get them sooner rather than later and enjoy every mile with them. Unfortunately I won't be one of them.
Tough decision after all that waiting I am sure. I hope you can find a good replacement!

I wish you the best VW. I almost ordered a Rockstar last summer and now I'm glad I didn't. I would never order anything from Sonders. King of overpromising and underdelivering-and yeah, I understand we are in Covid19 times, but still...

I wish you the best VW. I almost ordered a Rockstar last summer and now I'm glad I didn't. I would never order anything from Sonders. King of overpromising and underdelivering-and yeah, I understand we are in Covid19 times, but still...
Well in the end it wasn't about any of that. Mind you my LX was scheduled to ship at the end of next week. I was basically at the finish line. I had to cancel it because simply put, I won't fit on it. I can't feasibly reduce the floor to seat height to something I can comfortably use. And I put that on them. Their dimensions page was flat out wrong from day one and was never rectified. I never would have purchased it in the first place

Last edited:
Well in the end it wasn't about any of that. Mind you my LX was scheduled to ship at the end of next week. I was basically at the finish line. I had to cancel it because simply put, I won't fit on it. I can't feasibly reduce the floor to seat height to something I can comfortably use.
How bout the Rockstar buyers that are now waiting 9 months or longer with nothing but a couple of crappie videos?

How bout the Rockstar buyers that are now waiting 9 months or longer with nothing but a couple of crappie videos?
I'm not saying the delays suck. They most certainly are and I've said recently that anyone with a Rockstar on order deserves a real explanation. The delays at the ports are very real but that isn't what's delaying the Rockstars and shame on Sondors for thinking we were born yesterday and don't see through that thinly veiled excuse.

I'm surprised. All those discussions back and forth with me, and now you bail out. Hope you like the new choice.
We had some good moments I agree. But in the end the damn thing is 4 inches taller at the seat than they claimed and that puts it way out of my physical comfort zone. It's like expecting a medium frame only to find out they are giving you an extra large. Definitely not the way I thought this would have ended.

I'm not saying the delays suck. They most certainly are and I've said recently that anyone with a Rockstar on order deserves a real explanation. The delays at the ports are very real but that isn't what's delaying the Rockstars and shame on Sondors for thinking we were born yesterday and don't see through that thinly veiled excuse.
We had some good moments I agree. But in the end the damn thing is 4 inches taller at the seat than they claimed and that puts it way out of my physical comfort zone. It's like expecting a medium frame only to find out they are giving you an extra large. Definitely not the way I thought this would have ended.
I wish you the best with the Biktrix Juggernaut Duo. It is for sure a nice ebike. This Sondors thing is a very stressful situation, I think they could of handled it better than they did. The truth is that these aren't going work for alot of people but for others they will work just fine. At some point they will probably offer smaller frames or different mid drive models, we will have to wait and see.

Unfortunate, I wanted to hear your review, but I fully understand why you did it, way heavier and your second foot won't even reach the ground, that is uncomfortable and actually unbalanced when you come to a stop, it's going to make many riders fully dismount the seat onto the mid part of the step through area every single time. I don't like that at all. This bike seems to be designed for 6' people with longer inseams, like maybe 34"

I wish you the best with the Biktrix Juggernaut Duo. It is for sure a nice ebike. This Sondors thing is a very stressful situation, I think they could of handled it better than they did. The truth is that these aren't going work for alot of people but for others they will work just fine. At some point they will probably offer smaller frames or different mid drive models, we will have to wait and see.
Thank you and I do believe when your Rockstar is in hand it will have been well worth it.

Unfortunate, I wanted to hear your review, but I fully understand why you did it, way heavier and your second foot won't even reach the ground, that is uncomfortable and actually unbalanced when you come to a stop, it's going to make many riders fully dismount the seat onto the mid part of the step through area every single time. I don't like that at all. This bike seems to be designed for 6' people with longer inseams, like maybe 34"
Yeah it sucks. I haven't felt bad about, or even gave thought to my height since I was a kid at amusement parks checking to see if I can go on the rollercoaster. It does seem rather strange that a step through would have such a high minimum seat height. In my mind step throughs were generally geared towards a shorter crowd.

I was excited and ready to make a thorough review, even have the DJI osmo action camera and a bunch of different mounts to get some really cool riding shots.

"You must be this tall to go on this ride"

Back