NEW SONDORS LX

That's why they have the cruiser, and it will actually compete with new Harley Davidson Serial 1 Ebike for thousands less, very similar style
They're really not alike. The Serial 1 is a diamond frame commuter with 2.4" tires, the Cruiser is... A cruiser with 3" tires. They're both kind of boxy, but that's about it.

Sondors LX dimensions ...

Sondors LX Dimensions.jpg

How tall are you? I'm not buying that minimum seat height anymore. The video review from Ebikes USA says the minimum is closer to 37"
I'm about 5'10" with a inseam in the 29"-30" range. I'm buying a step thru so I can step off the seat when I come to a stop as Houshmand suggests in the video comments ...

Sondors LX Seat Height.jpg

Last edited:
I did receive my white LX on Jan 28 in SoCal. Overall very impressive. Cool factor very high. It is a solid beast. Motorcycle looks with bike feel. Appreciate the build quality and overall components in place. Got it for the mrs but I ride as well. Battery seems to last forever.

someday I hope to make some programming adjustments. For now just to smooth out the thumb throttle. Too power sensitive too soon.
Where are the pics?!? Don't keep us hangin'!! :)

They're really not alike. The Serial 1 is a diamond frame commuter with 2.4" tires, the Cruiser is... A cruiser with 3" tires. They're both kind of boxy, but that's about it.
The Serial one is a well thought out and designed ebike. It has a belt drive system, concealed cables and wires. One of the models even has automatic shifting. The quality is very good but we are talking about twice the price.

I just ordered a Rad Rover Step Thru, and this bike has me reconsidering...This one is mid drive, bigger battery, suspension seat, air shock, hydraulic brakes, torque sensor, color display, larger battery, for $400 more? What am I missing?

Last edited:
I just ordered a Rad Rover Step Thru, and this bike has me reconsidering...This one is mid drive, bigger battery, suspension seat, air shock, torque sensor, color display, larger battery, for $400 more? What am I missing?
You are missing the fact that ordering now means you might not get it until halfway through the summer.

Almost better to see if anyone will be selling it after taking delivery. Some people may not like it after receiving theirs in the coming weeks and may look to off-load it.

You are missing the fact that ordering now means you might not get it until halfway through the summer.

Almost better to see if anyone will be selling it after taking delivery. Some people may not like it after receiving theirs in the coming weeks and may look to off-load it.
Yea, the step thru is delayed till march so this would be another 3 months. I always get feature creep and sticker price climb...once you are spending 1500, its easier to spend 1900, then 2400 isnt sounding too bad...etc :)

Yea, the step thru is delayed till march so this would be another 3 months.
So the biggest thing right now is the bike is appearing to be a lot larger than initially anticipated which can be a put off for smaller people like myself. If I find it too big without any ways of rectifying it then I will be forced to sell it. Which would be beneficial to anyone that is interested in the bike but not willing to wait for Sondors to make more.

So the biggest thing right now is the bike is appearing to be a lot larger than initially anticipated which can be a put off for smaller people like myself. If I find it too big without any ways of rectifying it then I will be forced to sell it. Which would be beneficial to anyone that is interested in the bike but not willing to wait for Sondors to make more.
Interesting, bigger than the Rad Rover? The tires alone on this would add some height.

Interesting, bigger than the Rad Rover? The tires alone on this would add some height.
Sondors has stated the minimum seat height on two different parts of their website as 31" and 33" which isn't very definitive to begin with. If you watch the only review out right now on youtube by Ebikes USA they state the minimum seat height is closer to 37". That is way too tall for me. I specifically prefer to be able to have my feet or at least one foot touch the ground while still being able to remain seated which might not happen. I'm ok with some modification although I'll be pretty annoyed if I have to give up a suspension seat post to make it work.

Sondors has stated the minimum seat height on two different parts of their website as 31" and 33" which isn't very definitive to begin with. If you watch the only review out right now on youtube by Ebikes USA they state the minimum seat height is closer to 37". That is way too tall for me. I specifically prefer to be able to have my feet or at least one foot touch the ground while still being able to remain seated which might not happen. I'm ok with some modification although I'll be pretty annoyed if I have to give up a suspension seat post to make it work.
Wow thanks for pointing that out, that is high!

Yeah if you put a Kinekt suspension seat post on it and have it go as low as possible I wonder what your inseam needs to be, to still be able to have one foot on the ground ?
A very valid point, if when stopped not even one foot can reach the ground, it makes it super awkward.
It also looks like you will need a least an inch up on the seat post for that aftermarket rear fender to hang on.

Last edited:
Back