new Ridge rider

I would also love to hear any feedback on the Ridge Rider. I hope Court does a review on this bike soon.

I just test drove the Ridge Rider yesterday. I can't really do an honest ebike comparison since the only other electric bikes I've tried are other Pedego bikes. I will say the Ridge Rider reached 20 mph pretty quickly using throttle only; pedal assisted I reached slightly under 24 mph in about a 100-150 feet strip. If I had more distance to pedal before having to stop at the stop sign, I think it could've reached even higher top speeds. The torque sensor seemed very natural, and I vastly prefer it over the cadence sensor they have on their other bikes. I'm only 5'7" and weigh 130-135 lbs, but the bike was very easy to lift with one hand, and I don't see any problems carrying it upstairs to my apartment. The bike is very well balanced and looks great with the matte black.

I test rode the Ridge Rider again. This time I rode it side by side to the Stromer ST1 Elite, and the Easy Motion EVO 27.5. Honestly its hard to tell, but I want to say the Ridge Rider outperformed the other two in terms of acceleration and hill climbing. This is likely due to the bigger motor and being geared. Couldn't really do a top speed test because the area I rode in had too many stop signs. The Stromer, being gearless, was a bit rear heavy and I didn't like that at all when having to lift the bike and carry it places. I want to test ride the Specialized Turbo to compare to these, but the closest shop is 25 miles away through heavy LA traffic :( In all honesty, I think the Ridge Rider is a solid bike. It has a 500w geared motor (for good accel and torque), strong 48v11ah battery, a throttle! (which I think is super fun, although I'd probably only use it less than 10% of the time), looks decent with the purpose built matte black frame (although I hate the name Pedego, and the logo is even uglier. I'm a younger guy, and Pedego just sounds too friendly and nice and very "middle-aged"). Good thing is I think the Pedego logo is stickered on the frame/battery pack and should come right off with some WD40. Lastly, I remember reading that the Pedego bike's top speed can be altered through the LCD display and can go up to 25mph. Can someone confirm this?

Yes, LCD can alter top speed to 25mph. I wish I could adjust it further because it sure feels like it can go faster.

Just took delivery yesterday. So far love it. Has more power than I thought but I really don't have a lot to compare it to. Only road an emotion 29 and the interceptor. Looking for a few add ons like rear rack and light. I'll answer any questions I can, but very new toe bikes.

I test rode the Ridge Rider again. This time I rode it side by side to the Stromer ST1 Elite, and the Easy Motion EVO 27.5. Honestly its hard to tell, but I want to say the Ridge Rider outperformed the other two in terms of acceleration and hill climbing. This is likely due to the bigger motor and being geared. Couldn't really do a top speed test because the area I rode in had too many stop signs. The Stromer, being gearless, was a bit rear heavy and I didn't like that at all when having to lift the bike and carry it places. I want to test ride the Specialized Turbo to compare to these, but the closest shop is 25 miles away through heavy LA traffic :( In all honesty, I think the Ridge Rider is a solid bike. It has a 500w geared motor (for good accel and torque), strong 48v11ah battery, a throttle! (which I think is super fun, although I'd probably only use it less than 10% of the time), looks decent with the purpose built matte black frame (although I hate the name Pedego, and the logo is even uglier. I'm a younger guy, and Pedego just sounds too friendly and nice and very "middle-aged"). Good thing is I think the Pedego logo is stickered on the frame/battery pack and should come right off with some WD40. Lastly, I remember reading that the Pedego bike's top speed can be altered through the LCD display and can go up to 25mph. Can someone confirm this?
Were you able to get the Pedego Logo off with WD40 and not ruin the paint? I love my bike, but don't like calling attention to such an expensive item.

I'd be Leary of using a heat gun on the Ridge Rider since the battery is in that compartment. Anyone else have success removing the large logo on the frame of any of the bikes?

I'd be Leary of using a heat gun on the Ridge Rider since the battery is in that compartment. Anyone else have success removing the large logo on the frame of any of the bikes?

Good point. I just took a close look at the logo and it doesn't appear to be a 'stick-on' type logo. Looks to be screen printed.

Back