New Rattan Fat Tire Bikes on Indiegogo

RMK!

Yeah, it's crown funding so there is a risk and delivery could be an issue but with the deals being offered, it is definitely worth a look ... Link is below.

Indiegogo

According to Rattan, their Regeneration isn't "always on", it recharges the battery "anytime the bike is braking, gliding, or riding downhill".

According to Rattan, their Regeneration isn't "always on", it recharges the battery "anytime the bike is braking, gliding, or riding downhill".
That's pretty much always on. No one would consider a regen ever being on while pedaling, it's the opposite of what regen means.

I'm fighting the urge to buy the xl and sell my bike
750watt motor
48v 17.5ah battery
hydraulic brakes
Suspension seatpost and fork
For $1500 including shipping is great
It looks like the sondors fold x with better specs and cheaper price
Rattan is not a new company they already are producing and selling ebikes so I dont think theres to big of a risk of not getting the bike
I missed the indegogo for the super 73 and passed on the juiced scrambler at $1200 shipped. At the time I had reservations about indegogo and wasnt sold on the scrambler design. I was going to purchase the juiced scorpion from indegogo a few months back but at the last minute found a great deal on a used bike and decided a folder was a better for the city and my apartment

Fight the urge. It's a direct drive motor. If you're going that way, you want one bigger than a pizza, not the pancake sized one in the rattan.

Some questionable information in the advertisement.

"Travel for over 100 miles at 28 MPH on a single charge"

100 miles at 28 mph with a 14.5 amp hour battery? I also doubt the 60% regen. What percentage of distance and speed is lost with always on regen?

"Reach 28 MPH on full throttle without pedaling, making it easier to reach the summit."

Yet it states this is a legal ebike in the U.S. It is not.

It might be a bargain buy, but crowdfunding ads are concerning.

There are several (unbiased) comparisons for direct drive vs geared ebike motors like the one I linked. Conceptually, I prefer Rattan's direct drive for the regeneration, reliability (no plastic gears to wear out) and less motor noise. With the claimed range and top speed offered by Rattan XL, they appear to have overcome some of direct drive liabilities. The few reviews of the Rattan XL prototypes out there confirm most of these claims. For me, I'll give up fast starts and slightly better hill climbing in exchange for motor range and reliability and quietness. YMMV ;-)

Last edited:
Jr I was thinking the same the about the regen 60 regen/100 mile range even on the larger 17amp battery just doesn't seem possible
Harry if I thought my wife would allow it I would have already pulled the trigger I even tried to talk her into letting me get it for her

If you watch this Rattan Fat Bear video review the reviewer discusses the regeneration feature and describes the power regeneration during the test ride. Both Rattan I-PAS versions allow the rider to set the PAS level and at the lowest level (Level 1, 10 mph), pedaling beyond that will provide power back to the battery. Although I have no need for those extreme numbers (100 miles @28 mph), if you're out for exercise and willing to pedal with some additional resistance I'm thinking that those numbers might just be possible.

Hi Everyone!
Just ordered the XL yesterday with the suspension kit. Will use it mainly to hit my local lake and fish my spots for bass. Will hopefully also be use it in summer on the local beaches to chase Stripers in the surf. Cant wait to ride the bike and learn from everyone.

Well, it seems Rattan is up and running again after the extended Chinese New Year and Coronavirus shutdown. They are communicating again and will be shipping the existing orders in March with 4-6 week shipping/domestic delivery from the factory. First batch owners are starting to post their comments and from the limited comments and photos I've seen they are looking good. Hopefully, some will post here if they're not too busy riding. :cool:

Jr I was thinking the same the about the regen 60 regen/100 mile range even on the larger 17amp battery just doesn't seem possible
Harry if I thought my wife would allow it I would have already pulled the trigger I even tried to talk her into letting me get it for her

I have put 150 miles on a Eahora X7 Plus that has the same Reibok regen motor and with it's 500W motor and only a 10.4Ah battery I can get 40-50 miles with regen and a little work on my part. That indicates that the Rattan numbers might actually be achievable in a best case riding style/terrain scenario. YMMV ;-)

I would think the X is a better fit for you. My wife is 5'9" (with long legs) and that's the bike she chose. She feels the Eahora X7 is a bit large for her and the XL dimensions are even larger that the X7.

Sorry, with my having (well almost having) 2 brands gets a little confusing. The Rattan X, not the Eahora X7 is the bike my wife is getting.

Last edited:
All this waiting and now I have fallen for another. I suppose the Rattan XL will be here in early June but now I can't think about anything but HER. I am very fortunate to have an understanding wife who indulges my ready, fire, aim mentality. I made the mistake of doing a test ride on the Bikonit MD1000 and HD 750 this week. Honestly, they both blew me away and so I have one on order. The XL will be good for a traveling ebike but the Warthog (as one dealer calls it) will be my regular daily rider.

This means we will have a stable of 4 Ebikes plus one remote Rattan X bike we ordered for a daughter. We have a sufficient number of children (5) that the ebikes will be great for group rides when they visit. It may seem extravagant but really, we will have under $8K total invested in these and how many jet skis could that buy you? You get the picture and I hope I haven't put any one off by posting about the new ebike love ...

BTW, I'm up to 1,000 miles on the X7. That is just under 3 months of riding. Gotta love that CA weather.

Last edited:
Back