New Pedegos, including mid-drives!

JohnT

Big news! I’m at our Pedego dealer meeting this week, and we were introduced to a few interesting new models! I’m not going to get into details, but I thought people would be interested in a quick overview. I’m going from my notes and from memory, so don’t be surprised if I get something wrong.

“Elevate” - A full suspension eMTB with Shimano Steps mid-drive, and plus size knobby tires. Class 1, pedal assist only, no throttle.

“Conveyer” - A solid street ride with a Brose mid-drive, Gates carbon belt drive (Conveyer belt, get it?), Shimano Nexus 8 IGH, and plus size street tires. No chain and no derailleur! Class 1, PA only, no throttle.

City Commuter Mid-Drive - Basically what I said, it’s a City Commuter with a mid-drive. The interesting thing is that it has a throttle, but it only activates while the pedals are moving. Like all City Commuters, it has PA. I’m not sure whether this makes it Class 1 or 2.

City Commuter Black Edition - This upgrades the regular City Commuter similarly to how the Platinum Edition upgrades the Interceptor. This means front suspension, torque sensing pedal assist, hydraulic disc brakes, and Shimano SLX for smooth shifting. The trim is blacked out.

Dual Motor Stretch - The Stretch is our cargo bike. In this version, a unique controller splits power variably between a torque wound rear motor and a speed wound front motor, resulting in both more torque and better efficiency while keeping the total power under 750w!

Another exciting development is that we’re going to be integrating some “smart” technology into our bikes. I’m not sure which are are going to be available when, so I won’t discuss them today, but at least one model will have built in GPS for anti-theft and navigation!

Most of this is available now, and some will be available soon. I can’t wait to see Court review the new bikes!

Back