New old guy in FL

Ole's son

Region
USA
City
Bradenton
IMG_20230928_133036615_HDR.jpgHowdy all! Found this venue while looking for info on my oldest bike Thought I'd stay awhile and see what's new. Been cycling for 40+years, built bikes from scratch, raced some, but mostly like being in the saddle outdoors and enjoying the ride. Got into ebikes like most when time caught up to me, and I'm having a blast! 1st ebike was\is my 2014 EFlow E3 Nitro. Great cool looking bike, but having issues with the torque sensor, so most of the time it's POD only. Still a great bike, still turns heads. Friend said it looks like something Batman would ride! After retirement, moving to FL, bought a Sondors MXS. This thing is a beast!! Lots of power, fast! Had to put some road tires on cause it sounded like a H1 Hummer coming down the street with knobby tires. I ride daily and stick to roads with nice wide bike lanes. Leave the paths to regular bikes and peds. I'm a walker too, so don't need to fight for space with a motorized vehicle, 2 or 4 wheels. Enjoying the ride, and retirement.

Nice to see your bikes! I take it the red one is the Sondors. and the black one where you sit on a yardstick worth of batteries of the NItro,

Keep on riding! I took a short one this evening up here in northern Illinois. This is also my first ebike, convertted in 2015. The rear motor has not ever been taken off in 8 years, nor have the electrics been disturbed, aside from a PAS magnet disk that disintegrated into 1000 pieces, Same 36V battery too. Cheap riding, Original expense of $480 on an old Trek, not counting tires, tubes, and front shocks.

trek4.jpgtrek2.jpg

View attachment 163510Howdy all! Found this venue while looking for info on my oldest bike Thought I'd stay awhile and see what's new. Been cycling for 40+years, built bikes from scratch, raced some, but mostly like being in the saddle outdoors and enjoying the ride. Got into ebikes like most when time caught up to me, and I'm having a blast! 1st ebike was\is my 2014 EFlow E3 Nitro. Great cool looking bike, but having issues with the torque sensor, so most of the time it's POD only. Still a great bike, still turns heads. Friend said it looks like something Batman would ride! After retirement, moving to FL, bought a Sondors MXS. This thing is a beast!! Lots of power, fast! Had to put some road tires on cause it sounded like a H1 Hummer coming down the street with knobby tires. I ride daily and stick to roads with nice wide bike lanes. Leave the paths to regular bikes and peds. I'm a walker too, so don't need to fight for space with a motorized vehicle, 2 or 4 wheels. Enjoying the ride, and retirement.
Welcome. My goal is to not fall and skin my knees or have to go to ER. I think many of my EBR mates feel the same way! Happy Ebiking. Taylor

Nice to meet y'all! I did get my old bike to behave on a ride yesterday, and when it works it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Got a wonky torque sensor, Sondors has a cadence sensor, which always works. Ride mostly mornings, temps cooler, rain usually happens in PM.Gotta keep moving, active to keep the docs away!

Back