Sonoma

Hello All,

After lurking on this Electric ebike forum for a long while, I have decided to go with the R&M after reading so many posts about pro and con of the ebike and compared to other brands out there. Having rode the bike for a week now, I am satisfied with the E-14. Shifting is another learning curve and with the right timing, the shifting could be smooth out. I would like to say thank you to all the ebike owners on this forum which lead my decision for getting the ebike.

Attachments

• Homage.JPG
    Homage.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 696
Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your Homage at least half as much as I do mine.

By the way, what is the clear plastic boomerang shaped object above the Headlight?

Hello All,

After lurking on this Electric ebike forum for a long while, I have decided to go with the R&M after reading so many posts about pro and con of the ebike and compared to other brands out there. Having rode the bike for a week now, I am satisfied with the E-14. Shifting is another learning curve and with the right timing, the shifting could be smooth out. I would like to say thank you to all the ebike owners on this forum which lead my decision for getting the ebike.
Great looking bike! Many happy rides.

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your Homage at least half as much as I do mine.

By the way, what is the clear plastic boomerang shaped object above the Headlight?

Hi Alaskan,

It called the Blinker (https://www.blinkers.bike). I used it as my front and rear turn signal as well as the blinker lights to add my safety visibility. To me it is very useful on the road. I commuted to work about 55 mins each way (15 miles one way) and I recharged it every 3 week included the weekend usage as well.

Congrats. We’re a few weeks in with our Homages and loving them but, still learning. I’m aiming to post about the suspension specifically soon. Air pressures and rebound knobs are new and initially confusing.

Congratulations on your purchase!

How do you like the tourbox you have installed?
Is it securely fastened using the racktime system, or does it rattle?
Do they get in the way of the ortliebs, or vice versa?

Wannes

Congratulations on your purchase!

How do you like the tourbox you have installed?
Is it securely fastened using the racktime system, or does it rattle?
Do they get in the way of the ortliebs, or vice versa?

Wannes

Hi Wannes,

The tourbox is fantastic. It serve my purpose where I normally store my lunch bag. Also, I used to store my helmet and other accessories for easy access. Yes, it was very secured and there was no rattle at all when hit any bumps. No, it won't be in the way of ortliebs.

Congratulations Sonoma, as you say, going by most of the comments in the posts, the Homage should keep you happy for quite a while. Looks pretty good with luggage attached too.

Congrats on your new ride! It looks great! It looks like you took the photo in a department store? Did anyone give you a hard time about bringing your bike inside?

I know it sounds like an odd questions, but I’m always interested to learn about the laws and sociatial norms for bikes. In NYC there are specific laws that try to make it easier to bring your bike inside your office as many buildings try to prevent it unfortunately.

Anyway! Happy riding and I look forward to hearing more of your adventures ahead. Sonoma County must be an amazing place to explore by bike.

Congrats on your new ride! It looks great! It looks like you took the photo in a department store? Did anyone give you a hard time about bringing your bike inside?

I know it sounds like an odd questions, but I’m always interested to learn about the laws and sociatial norms for bikes. In NYC there are specific laws that try to make it easier to bring your bike inside your office as many buildings try to prevent it unfortunately.

Anyway! Happy riding and I look forward to hearing more of your adventures ahead. Sonoma County must be an amazing place to explore by bike.

Thank Chris. You know I also watched you and Court doing the review most of the Ebike before I decided to go with the R&M. I watched one review with both of you in Long Beach did the review on the Homage with Vario like 6 times. The law in sonoma won't allow bike in the store either since there was no bike anger outside the store, they allowed me to bring it inside. Thanks both of you did a great job. Chris, do you plan to carry the front and rear light signal call "Blinkers, https://www.blinkers.bike"? You can contact their General queries: [email protected]. It would be great if you can bring them to your store so people don't have to order from oversea. The price is not that steep for both the front and rear light without the laser build in. I wish we have your store in Sonoma county. Yes, it is an amazing places to ride an ebike. Now I can ride further. Chris, do you know or heard anything about Bosch will come out with the 600 watt battery tube? If you know, pls shed some light for us. The reason I am asking is whether I should wait for the 600 watt or getting another 500 watt for now. I would like to carry a spear with me.

Thank you,
Sonoma.

Thanks Sonoma! I’m glad the reviews were helpful in you making your decision. I’ll have to consider bringing those blinkers in, it’s definitely an interesting product.

Regarding the battery, I don’t really know. If I had to speculate which I do sometimes. I would say there might be a 600wh in the works based on former trends, but we wouldn’t know anything until towards the end of the season and it wouldn’t be available until next year sometime. So these are factors to consider.

Well, that seems overly aggressive to me :oops::)

Hi Wannesd,

Just a thought for now. It is quite costly for a 500wh battery tube. I asked my locate ebike shop, they told me around 1K+ dollars. I want to take it to trails and mountain biking and see how the bike behaves under rough terrain.

Congratulations on your new bike! It is also interesting to see how you kitted it out. A few things for me to think about while I wait on the delivery of my supercharger.
Enjoy it!

Hi Oblix,

I think I kitted it pretty much the way I wanted for now. Changed the tyre, handle grips, saddle, and the paddles, added Blingers, bottle cage phone holder, and the Bosch dust guard cover (internal part), and lastly, I added the clear bra to the lower part of the battery holder frame to protect from any rocks paint chips.

Hi Wannesd,

Just a thought for now. It is quite costly for a 500wh battery tube. I asked my locate ebike shop, they told me around 1K+ dollars. I want to take it to trails and mountain biking and see how the bike behaves under rough terrain.

*cough* was referring to the fact that you wrote "spear" instead of "spare", which was a funny typo in my mind ;)

Back