New Lectric XP owner. So far, so great!

peejaygee68

Region
Canada
Just received my first eBike, a Lectric XP. I live in Vancouver, Canada and only had a short ride yesterday before the weather turned on me. Initial reactions are all positive so far, and I would say that the bike is super solid build, very easy to ride, but takes a bit getting used to the power assist modes. Folded up and fit into my Mazda CX-3 no problem, although it’s a bit heavy for me to lift. Initial ride was about 15 kms, with 48.1 volts remaining (just over 50% remaining) on the battery. I’m a daily aggressive rider and had it up to about 40km, power assist level 4. It was about 6 degrees Celsius and in flat paved road, gravel trails. Looking forward to getting out a ton when it’s a bit warmer!

Attachments

• 9824C35D-4323-4184-A339-2D7A7A62A02A.jpeg
    9824C35D-4323-4184-A339-2D7A7A62A02A.jpeg
    670.7 KB · Views: 342
  • A32D06A6-98C9-4340-B94F-3FDA55DB6377.jpeg
    A32D06A6-98C9-4340-B94F-3FDA55DB6377.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 4FE11315-A660-408A-A6A9-5537CBBCA894.jpeg
    4FE11315-A660-408A-A6A9-5537CBBCA894.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 344
Sweet! I thought I recognized the cloudy weather and fauna in your pictures... the townhome-like setting ;) I'm down in Coquitlam but also spend time in Vancouver. Nice to have you here @peejaygee68, and great choice of bike! Perhaps you chose it strategically for the fat tires, hearing that it might snow this weekend 😆

How did you get the bike going so fast! You must live near a big hill or something... be careful for water spots if you take a turn going that fast, my chin has taken a few pavement hits when sliding out over the years 😛 I wanted to share a tip about loading the bike. Since the battery isn't super easy to get off this frame, I'm guessing that you just leave it in when mounting to your hitch rack? Anyway, I always lock the rear brake (right lever) then pivot the bike frame into a wheelie position. Then, I walk it over or twist it to set the front tire on my rack. From here, I change my hand position and then lift the rear wheel up onto the rack. This way, I don't hurt my back trying to lift the entire bike at once. Here's me showing this in action on a review I did a while back. The demonstration is at 34:27

If your hands and feet get cold, consider using bar mitts (which really help at high speed). I have also tried these waterproof bootie cover things that fit over shoes 😉 hope to see you out riding someday!

Just received my first eBike, a Lectric XP. I live in Vancouver, Canada and only had a short ride yesterday before the weather turned on me. Initial reactions are all positive so far, and I would say that the bike is super solid build, very easy to ride, but takes a bit getting used to the power assist modes.

Very nice!
Could you confirm what is the top speed of the bike?
Did you receive the bike via FedEx or UPS or some other carrier?

Sweet! I thought I recognized the cloudy weather and fauna in your pictures... the townhome-like setting ;) I'm down in Coquitlam but also spend time in Vancouver. Nice to have you here @peejaygee68, and great choice of bike! Perhaps you chose it strategically for the fat tires, hearing that it might snow this weekend 😆

How did you get the bike going so fast! You must live near a big hill or something... be careful for water spots if you take a turn going that fast, my chin has taken a few pavement hits when sliding out over the years 😛 I wanted to share a tip about loading the bike. Since the battery isn't super easy to get off this frame, I'm guessing that you just leave it in when mounting to your hitch rack? Anyway, I always lock the rear brake (right lever) then pivot the bike frame into a wheelie position. Then, I walk it over or twist it to set the front tire on my rack. From here, I change my hand position and then lift the rear wheel up onto the rack. This way, I don't hurt my back trying to lift the entire bike at once. Here's me showing this in action on a review I did a while back. The demonstration is at 34:27

If your hands and feet get cold, consider using bar mitts (which really help at high speed). I have also tried these waterproof bootie cover things that fit over shoes 😉 hope to see you out riding someday!
Hey Court, thanks for the message, tips, links, and other great info. I would have to say that your Lectric XP review was what sold me in the ebike. After reviewing hundreds of YouTube videos, I agreed with your review, and admire and respect your thorough knowledge on bikes.
I did come across something rather odd that I will share with you although I’m sure you already are aware of.

My XP shipped with the Chaoyang fat tires and noticed that neither my Bontrager floor pump or a regular tire gauge will give me a PSI reading. I am wondering if the valve size on the tire is different than a standard North-American one? Is there another way to check the PSI? I am worried that I may be over-inflating the tires!

Maybe once the weather gets warmer and we’re out of lockdown, we could meet
halfway between Maple Ridge & Coquitlam for a pint!

Cheers,
Paul

Very nice!
Could you confirm what is the top speed of the bike?
Did you receive the bike via FedEx or UPS or some other carrier?
Hi Ravi, I set the bike top speed to 45 km in the setting but I only took it to 40 km for my first ride. FedEx delivered my ebike last week.
P

Back