New KIOX display and Fast charger for 2019

I think the older 2018 manual is way more clearer.
The 2019 manual says "one after the other up to 80-90%"... it does leave it open for interpretation whether or not they actually alternates charging in 5% intervals or not. Judging for the old manual, the Intuvia display that displays both batteries and alternates flashing between the two, and my observations what happens if you interrupt charging mid-time is that it clearly charges in 5% intervals up to the "80-90%" level.

I updated the firmware on my Supercharger and the Batteries from 1.7.0.0 to 1.7.1.0, the upgrade screen mentioned "Improvement in charging strategy for DualBattery". (I asked to watch it be done).
Not sure yet as to how this has changed things but before it was charge 1 battery to 80-90%, then the other, then top up both simultaneously to 100%.

Update on the Kiox. Apparently this will only be available to manufacturers and not available as aftermarket. I suspect this will change in the future, but no official word at the moment. I will be inquiring more about this to see what the real story is.

Back