New here from Tucson - Delta Xpectations?

Kapiti Blue

Hi to all, nice to be here, seems like a healthy forum. I hail from Tucson, a nice town in a good region for biking most of the year.

I join in anticipation of my first e-bike's arrival in a couple days (Evelo Delta X). I do fine with basic mechanics but would appreciate hearing about any assembly idiosyncrasies or gaps in the instructions that others can share. [Seems I've noticed a pattern of small issues sorting out the wiring.] In fact, any useful tips on this bike or the brand will be welcome.

I know one thing - with a suggested 12-hour initial charge and my eagerness to get underway, the first step will be rigging up the charger. ;-)

Hi to all, nice to be here, seems like a healthy forum. I hail from Tucson, a nice town in a good region for biking most of the year.

I join in anticipation of my first e-bike's arrival in a couple days (Evelo Delta X). I do fine with basic mechanics but would appreciate hearing about any assembly idiosyncrasies or gaps in the instructions that others can share. [Seems I've noticed a pattern of small issues sorting out the wiring.] In fact, any useful tips on this bike or the brand will be welcome.

I know one thing - with a suggested 12-hour initial charge and my eagerness to get underway, the first step will be rigging up the charger. ;-)
Should be simple to assemble. Probably just need to install handlebars, front wheel, seat and pedals. Will likely take you longer to remove from box and packaging. Be careful when cutting zip ties.

Charging should take a few hours - no idea why it would take 12 hours - even a completely dead battery won't take half that long.

Conditioning charge? It also gets worse.
Battery Storage
If you store your battery for 30 days or longer, it is suggested that you keep it in a place that is within the temperatures listed below and give it a full 12-hour conditioning charge every 30 days.

12 hours is only indicated for the initial charge, 4-6 hours is said to be typical after that.

Charging temp range is narrower, but the environment for operating AND storage is shown in the manual as -5F to 140F. In other words, just about anywhere under any circumstances? Have to wonder if that's accurate, there are a few typos in the booklet.

Back