New Falco Build

vanko

Hi Folks,
I am new here and have begun a new build with a Falco HX 500 Conversion kit and a Soma Double Cross Disk Frame. There is an issue that I would like clarified, on both the review of the HX 500 motor on ElectricBikeReview as well as Bike_on's user experience as they refer to using a cassette on the motor. It is my understanding that only a freewheel option is available at this time and a cassette (being the spline cogs that index to a free hub built into the wheel that Shimano developed to replace the freewheel ) is being used describe what is actually a freewheel. This is important as the two items are different in the availability and quality of parts along with the shifters and derailleurs to make them work. I have run into some difficulty using a Sunrace
9 speed 11-32t freewheel on the HX 500 motor as the freewheel's non moving flange makes slight contact with the Falco hub causing the freewheel to stick. I can shim it but this will move the freewheel outboard enough to make the derailleur impossible to engage the high speed cogs. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

First, apologies to Bike-On, after rereading your post you made it clear that it was a threaded on Freewheel. I am curious to what brand you used for what follows is what I discovered removing and reinstalling the Sunrace brand, also if there was a difference on you Falco hub design.
After attempting to shim the Sunrace I found out that you cannot do it from the inboard face of the Falco Hub but only on the most outboard face, please see pics also include is a pic of the build so far
Park tool fr1-2 .jpg
Sunrace 9 speed 11-32 and Falco motor 1.jpg
Sunrace 9 speed 11-32 and Falco motor 2.jpg
Sunrace 9 speed 11-32 and Falco motor 3.jpg
Sunrace 9 speed 11-32 and Falco motor 4.jpg
THE BUILD IN WORK.jpg

Back