New ebiker. About to buy. But nothing available

sweet,thats the kind of feed back i like to hear!

yes there is a non Fat tire model on sale for $1056.00,site says its in Stock!
Yes, & in the US the Moscow better still a $1059. Fat tires would be more comfortable, but I ride 2¨
cuz tires are cheaper & for the same reasons as Pat.K. I´d might go for a 3¨ version. If you are heavy,
you may need to swap out the stock tires on a moscow on milano, at least the rear.

Last edited:
I am interested in the Milano+ but no info on the bike.

Is this a class 2 or class 3 bike? is it locked to 20mph only?
is the back and front light controlled by the display?
How much weight can the bike handle?
do the tires come with tire puncture protection?
does it have a throttle?
does the throttle work when completed stopped?
does it have a torque or cadence sensor?
are you able to mount a front rack?
what gearing/shifter do you use? who makes it?
can the torque/pedal assist settings ect be customized or changed by the user on the display?
does the display have low light mode for night riding?

More info found here, poking around with google searches-

Says the shifter is Shimano Acere M360, 8 speed. That will have a gear indicator.
I'll be happy to vouch for whatever Schwalbe tires come on it, especially the Big Bens. Those are a balloon type tire with low rolling resistance and great ride as they are generally inflated to less than 40psi.(NOT to be confused with fatty tires!) The Marathons are also considered a premium tire but are narrower and use higher pressures, so they don't ride as well.

From where I'm sitting, this bike is looking pretty good.

As far as the electronic specifics (display and controller) I don't want to confuse the issue too much here. I'll limit it to just saying I'm REALLY picky here. My bikes, other than a Bafang Ultra equipped bike, have all been converted to aftermarket KT controller/displays. No it's not a cake walk, but it is an option for those with a little electrical ingenuity. Generally about 100 bucks for the parts. Point being, if the electronics turn out to be junk, there are much better, user configurable options available on the aftermarket. Not sure if that would interest you or not. Just wanted to mention it. -Al

Last edited:

Says the shifter is Shimano Acere M360, 8 speed. That will have a gear indicator.
I'll be happy to vouch for whatever Schwalbe tires come on it, especially the Big Bens. Those are a balloon type type tire with low rolling resistance and great ride as they are generally inflated to less than 40psi. The Marathons are also considered a premium tire but are narrower and use higher pressures, so they don't ride as well.

No throttle? Class 2 only?

Issue: I'm looking at pics and specs of bikes all over creation - including European bikes. I am NOT seeing anything specific regarding a throttle. I am not seeing a throttle in any of the pics I've seen! There's an issue I would want to know more about.

I'll be happy to vouch for whatever Schwalbe tires come on it, especially the Big Bens. Those are a balloon type tire with low rolling resistance and great ride as they are generally inflated to less than 40psi.(NOT to be confused with fatty tires!) The Marathons are also considered a premium tire but are narrower and use higher pressures, so they don't ride as well.

As far as the electronic specifics (display and controller) I don't want to confuse the issue too much here. I'll limit it to just saying I'm REALLY picky here. My bikes, other than a Bafang Ultra equipped bike, have all been converted to aftermarket KT controller/displays. No it's not a cake walk, but it is an option for those with a little electrical ingenuity. Generally about 100 bucks for the parts. Point being, if the electronics turn out to be junk, there are much better, user configurable options available on the aftermarket. Not sure if that would interest you or not. Just wanted to mention it. -Al
That ´zoomo´ site is for the 250w EU version milano,(gutless) & not leoncycle. I had tire issues with the stock smart sams on my moscow. they are very comfortable & fast rolling, but if you are a heavy rider get the marathon green guards; Iḿ on the 700/50s, (28¨x 2.00¨). I went thru a bunch of mtn tires b4 solving the problem. That was my only
real issue on the Moscow now at 3700 mi. The Sams are 2.25, so only 1/4 inch difference. I´ve ridden the
marathons on other bikes for more than a decade. They may not be quite as fast as the Sams but otherwise
better for general use.

can the torque/pedal assist settings ect be customized or changed by the user on the display?
If the cadence based PAS is like the NCM Moscow, then it's a speed based assist that acts like a cruise control rather than a power based assist. That would be a non-starter for me. Old 700's used to function that way, but newer generations use the power based approach, and the PAS levels are each fully customizable to provide as little or as much power as you want.

If the cadence based PAS is like the NCM Moscow, then it's a speed based assist that acts like a cruise control rather than a power based assist. That would be a non-starter for me. Old 700's used to function that way, but newer generations use the power based approach, and the PAS levels are each fully customizable to provide as little or as much power as you want.
I regard the modes as zones of speed rather than power. Find a synchronous cadence & gear, and
both motor & pedaler are barely exerting themselves carried along by the bike´s own momentum.
Mode 1-0 to 12 mph, 2- 0 to 16, 3- 10 to 18 & so on.

Found this review in the NCM forum here, hope it helps:

The bike being reviewed is a class 2, it DOES have a throttle...

Found this review in the NCM forum here, hope it helps:

The bike being reviewed is a class 2, it DOES have a throttle...
Court´s EBR review has a thorough spec sheet. ( FYI )

. I ride a lot of hills and pull the kids in a trailer so a middrive is a must. It might not matter as much for your riding. I'll still urge you to actually ride as many bikes as you can just to feel how different hub vs middrive is.
I ride >80 hills weekly with 80 lb supplies on back of a 94 lb (with tools, panniers, racks, stand, water) bike. I have a geared hub drive. The $221 drive from ebikeling lasted 4500 miles before I wore out the gears. Being a hub drive, I had the replacement installed in 2 afternoons. Would have been one afternoon if the controller hadn't required a different mount bracket.
Mid drive is a must for rises >1000' in an hour. Geared hub drive will overheat if lugged full power for that time.

I ride >80 hills weekly with 80 lb supplies on back of a 94 lb (with tools, panniers, racks, stand, water) bike. I have a geared hub drive. The $221 drive from ebikeling lasted 4500 miles before I wore out the gears. Being a hub drive, I had the replacement installed in 2 afternoons. Would have been one afternoon if the controller hadn't required a different mount bracket.
Mid drive is a must for rises >1000' in an hour. Geared hub drive will overheat if lugged full power for that time.
not really.

I have had Ride1up 700 for 2 months, 500 miles on it and like it a lot. Will recommend that you strongly consider it.

I have had Ride1up 700 for 2 months, 500 miles on it and like it a lot. Will recommend that you strongly consider it.
Thank you!

Any women riders of the Ride1up 700 step through (my wife will be sharing the bike) want to make sure it is not to big/heavy.

Typo… updated. Question, any women riders of the ride1up 700?

Last edited:
I regard the modes as zones of speed rather than power. Find a synchronous cadence & gear, and
both motor & pedaler are barely exerting themselves carried along by the bike´s own momentum.
Mode 1-0 to 12 mph, 2- 0 to 16, 3- 10 to 18 & so on.
Exactly, that's what I said. Speed "rather than power". It's the newer generation Ride1Up bikes that use power based assist. I have not heard if NCM has made that change with any bikes or is planning on it.

Exactly, that's what I said. Speed "rather than power". It's the newer generation Ride1Up bikes that use power based assist. I have not heard if NCM has made that change with any bikes or is planning on it.
Doesn’t the current version of ride1up 700 give you control and allow you to edit/change the speed/power for each PAS?

If it takes an hour to gain 1000 ft, at a ´minimum´ speed of 8 mph that´s a distance of roughly 42,000 ft or a gain
of 1¨ in 3 1/2 ft. Pretty sure a hub motor can handle that, at least mine can.:rolleyes: I pedal & never need to use
full power.

Last edited:
Doesn’t the current version of ride1up 700 give you control and allow you to edit/change the speed/power for each PAS?
Yes, I mentioned that in 2 of my last 3 posts in this thread. And that's been a feature going back over a year, prior to the power based assist change. It's actually the feature that first got me looking more closely at Ride1Up in 2020 before buying my bike in early March 2021.

I've seen multiple references to women with 700 series bikes on the Facebook Ride1Up owners group.

Edit: configure power for each PAS, not speed.

Last edited:
Back