New ebike owner

eamo51

Region
Europe
Hi all,
Decided to reduce fossil fuel use, substitute the ebike for some travel. I ve the rks rs pro4 ebike. Almost 600km on the clock in 6 weeks. Any mechanical, electrical problems that could arise, please share your thoughts. From my experience, the fat tyres look impressive, appear puncture proof. However, fat tyres are quite thin, with more contact with the surface and are vulnerable to going flat especially used on all terrain.

Eamo51.

Hi all,
Decided to reduce fossil fuel use, substitute the ebike for some travel. I ve the rks rs pro4 ebike. Almost 600km on the clock in 6 weeks. Any mechanical, electrical problems that could arise, please share your thoughts. From my experience, the fat tyres look impressive, appear puncture proof. However, fat tyres are quite thin, with more contact with the surface and are vulnerable to going flat especially used on all terrain.

Eamo51.

Looks nice. Similar to Lectric.

Hi all,

Eamo51.
Welcome aboard!

The weight concerned me, too, as my ebike weighs ~30 kg as outfitted. Took a few months to get used to wrangling it around, and it's certainly less agile than my last MTB. But the brakes are more than adequate, so I just dealt with it.

Now I rarely think about the weight. On hills and soft surfaces, that's the motor's problem.

With a full-size bike, it's sometimes easier to lift up the rear wheel and put it down where you need it — say, to turn around in a tight spot. Harder with a heavy ebike, of course, but got used to that, too. The many lift points on my really solid rear rack help a lot.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Eamo51.
Hey Eamo51,

Great job on reducing fossil fuel use with your RKS RS Pro4! For maintenance, keep an eye on the battery and motor. Fat tyres are great but watch out for flats. Also, check out the Zen Photon e-bike: 28 Mph top speed, 1040 Wh battery capacity, up to 85 miles range, and 500W motor with 120Nm torque. There's a sweet deal now with free shipping in the USA and Canada. In the USA, it's $2999 (down from $3799), and in Canada, it's $CAD 3999 (down from $CAD 4899). Enjoy your rides!

Attachments

• Zen Photon.png
    Zen Photon.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 37
Hi all,

Eamo51.
Welcome to EBR. Sounds like a trail type of ebike. What part of the world do you live in?

Back