New Como design may cause some problems. Solutions?

I just picked up my new Como 4.0 and have come across two problems so far. One was mounting the bike to a bike rack. I use a crossbar to hold the bike onto the rack. Because the news handlebar stem is so thick, it was very difficult to get the bar onto the stem. I have th Saris bar and that did not work. I also have a Yakima bar and it barely fit around the stem and I had to finagle it to get it on. The clamp did not close completely. If anyone has used a bar that works very well, please share.

2. The handle bar is not round for a large portion of the bar. Therefore, placing items on the bar such as a GoPro camera or extra light will be difficult. There was enough room at the end of the handlebar near the left control switches to place a Grub phone holder. I used a Mirrcycle mirror at the end of the handlebar and the bell resides on the right side. If anyone comes up with solutions please share.

3. I use the Topeka luggage bag on my 2 bikes and have the adapter plate so that I can transfer the bag between the two bikes. I went to order one for the new Como and it is not available.

#1 - are you saying you’re using a hanging style rack with a top tube adapter connecting he seat tube to steerer tube? What is the weight rating for the model you have? I’d suggest considering a tray style rack properly rated for the weight of an ebike.

#2 - no idea

#3 - since you don’t link to the adapter we have no idea what you’re referencing. Did you mean Topeak rather than Topeka? Are looking for a MIK plate for the bag or an MTX plate for the rack?

Last edited:
#1 - are you saying you’re using a hanging style rack with a top tube adapter connecting he seat tube to steerer tube? What is the weight rating for the model you have? I’d suggest considering a tray style rack properly rated for the weight of an ebike.

#2 - no idea

#3 - since you don’t link to the adapter we have no idea what you’re referencing. Did you mean Topeak rather than Topeka? Are looking for a MIK plate for the bag or an MTX plate for the rack?

1. Not hanging the bike.I use the Hollywood rack which has a bar coming down on the crossbar.

3. It is the Quick Rack by Topeak. I have a Topeak trunk which I use on 2 bikes. Who is going to want to buy Topeak accessories if they cannot provide the adapter needed to mount their products.

1. Not hanging the bike.I use the Hollywood rack which has a bar coming down on the crossbar.

3. It is the Quick Rack by Topeak. I have a Topeak trunk which I use on 2 bikes. Who is going to want to buy Topeak accessories if they cannot provide the adapter needed to mount their products.

Ah, okay. Sounds then like you'll need to identify a different top tube adapter with enough space for the oversize steerer of the Como. Check out the Kuat Ubar or Saris Bike beam.

I see a number of Topeak Omni QuickTrack Adapters on eBay and some other online stores.

Ah, okay. Sounds then like you'll need to identify a different top tube adapter with enough space for the oversize steerer of the Como. Check out the Kuat Ubar or Saris Bike beam.

I see a number of Topeak Omni QuickTrack Adapters on eBay and some other online stores.
THX. I have the Saris and it is worst than the Yakima. Will look at the Kuat. The Omni Adapter on eBay is double and triple the usual price. Someone is taking advantage of the short supply. Looks like MIK is available.

Last edited:
I just picked up my new Como 4.0 and have come across two problems so far. One was mounting the bike to a bike rack. I use a crossbar to hold the bike onto the rack. Because the news handlebar stem is so thick, it was very difficult to get the bar onto the stem. I have th Saris bar and that did not work. I also have a Yakima bar and it barely fit around the stem and I had to finagle it to get it on. The clamp did not close completely. If anyone has used a bar that works very well, please share.

2. The handle bar is not round for a large portion of the bar. Therefore, placing items on the bar such as a GoPro camera or extra light will be difficult. There was enough room at the end of the handlebar near the left control switches to place a Grub phone holder. I used a Mirrcycle mirror at the end of the handlebar and the bell resides on the right side. If anyone comes up with solutions please share.

3. I use the Topeka luggage bag on my 2 bikes and have the adapter plate so that I can transfer the bag between the two bikes. I went to order one for the new Como and it is not available.
don't know what specialized is thinking with the new design como but by the specs it isn't a comfort bike any more. longer reach and a more sporty smaller seat. in my case small seats are not comfortable. hope my '21 5.0 lasts a long time. have a '21 4.0 too just in case...

"Klikfix", works flawlessly

IMG_1715.jpg

Rubber jaws, no chance of damage.
Been using it for over 5 years, zero problems with any paint damage, soft, rubbery jaws
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.42.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.38.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.38.16 AM.png

Added some items to my new Como 4.0. Gub cell phone holder, Motorcycle Bike Handlebar Mount for GoPro, and a ToPeak adapter for my trunk bag. For the ToPeak, I had to find a slightly longer screw to use with the mounting brackets (Lowes) and I used heavy duty nylon straps on the front.

Attachments

• como 4_6073.JPG
    como 4_6073.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 391
  • como 4_6077.JPG
    como 4_6077.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 395
  • como 4_6079.JPG
    como 4_6079.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 342
  • como 4_6080.JPG
    como 4_6080.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 327
  • como 4_6081.JPG
    como 4_6081.JPG
    411.2 KB · Views: 380
This is the only mounting bar I could find that works with the New Como as the front stem very wide. Generic found on Amazon.

Attachments

• como 4_6082.JPG
    como 4_6082.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 250
I'm in the same boat, with a Hollywood-style rack and finding the top tube adapter I got doesn't fit the stem :(. David - do you have a link to the generic one you found that fits? How has it been holding up?

Back