New CEO

ChezCheese:)

Region
USA
City
Kitsap Co, WA
So the new CEO decides it's time to rid the company of slackers. On a tour of the facilities, he notices a guy leaning against a wall.

The room was full of workers. Seeing a chance to show he meant business, he says to the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man says, "I make $400. Why?"

The CEO says, "Wait right here." He walks back to his office and comes back in two minutes. He hands the guy $1,600 in cash and says, "Here's four weeks pay. Now get out and don't come back!"

Feeling like a boss now, the CEO looks around and says, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goofball’s job was around here?"

From across the room, a voice says, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."

I love it! I'll be honest, I thought the punchline was going to be something like wall surveyer or structural integrity something or other. I like the ending though. Best Tip ever 😆

That's great! Our old company president knew EVERYTHING and everyone at my job. About 1200 workers in manufacturing. He might not be able to do the station but he 100% knew the procedure. When he finally retired after 30 or so years (he worked his way up in the company) now we seem to go thru presidents of our company now and quality has slightly suffered as well. I miss our original president.

Carl Kiekhaefer was the man who started Mercury Outboards from scratch. A larger than life, big bear of a man, a mechanical genius who was driven 10/10ths, 24/7/365. His drive and will saw Mercury become the largest and best outboard motor manufacturer in the industry. When he decided he wanted to go racing in the young Nascar circuit, he put together a team of cars, drivers, crew chiefs and pit crews that absolutely dominated with their Chrysler 300 hemi's. The well polished Nascar teams today are all because of Kiekhaefer's contribution. And when Kiekhaefer wanted to get into off shore power boat racing, he dominated there as well. He was the Henry Ford of his industry. He was larger than life, a big, loud man with a ton of confidence. Think of people in history who willed themselves to the top; Kiekhaefer was that kind of man.

The story by @ChezCheese is a new take on what Kiekhaefer supposedly did when he noticed a man loafing about near the factory's soda machine; the time frame was from what I remember, the late 40's or early 1950's. Enraged that one of his workers was not at work, he asked the man how much he made. The man replied and Carl quickly whisked out of his wallet enough money to make up a week's salary; firing him on the spot and ordering him to leave immediately. It was the soda delivery man.

Link: https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/legacy/history/week10

His biography, as expected, is as epic and worthy of a man of the stature of Kiekhaefer. "Iron Fist" is the title and a very appropriate title at that.

Oh, and there were noted, many times when the guard at the front gates to Kiekhaefer Mercury was not fast enough in opening the gate for the great man, Carl simply just drove right through the gate.... :)

Back