New Bike and a question

BobMielke

My white Lectric XP arrived today in good shape. After unboxing it I put it on the charger to top off the bike. I would like to know if I can ride the XP without the need for pedaling? Is so how? I have diabetic ulcers on the bottom of both feet and don't want to aggravate them.

My white Lectric XP arrived today in good shape. After unboxing it I put it on the charger to top off the bike. I would like to know if I can ride the XP without the need for pedaling? Is so how? I have diabetic ulcers on the bottom of both feet and don't want to aggravate them.

Yes... providing you have a throttle. Its generally either a thumb lever or twist grip on the handlebar. You probably should read up thoroughly before your first ride!

My new lectric xp is due to arrive next Tuesday. The Manuel says not to leave the battery charger plugged in after battery is charged and and the charger has turned off. Is this really necessary if the charger has turned itself off?

My new lectric xp is due to arrive next Tuesday. The Manuel says not to leave the battery charger plugged in after battery is charged and and the charger has turned off. Is this really necessary if the charger has turned itself off?
the charger is never off unless its unplugged.

So your saying that the battery is being charged even if the battery auto cut off has turned off.
no the battery cuts off the charge though it may turn on again later. but the charger is always supplying power. but with these cheap batteries it may be risky to leave them plugged in.

the charger is never off unless its unplugged.
This makes just about as much sense as unplugging a toaster when your toast pops up. Or for that matter unplugging your washing machine at the end of a wash cycle.

Thanks for jumping in, this is what I thought but the user manual says to unplug the charger when the battery is charged. I know the charger has an automatic cut off when the battery is charged, I don't know if it would automatically come back on if the battery drained some or not. The Manuel say the charger can get up to 169 degrees when charging. I'm trying to decide if I need to put a timer on the outlet to shut down the charger after a few hours.

The user manual is giving you legal speak. There's no way they can be held liable if it's unplugged. Not saying it's not possible for the charger to come back on by itself, but I've never seen or heard of one that would do that. In order to come back on, the power would need to be recycled (unplugged, then plugged back in.

How much effort is it to pull a plug out of a wall socket? I do that just because the manufacturer just might know a bit more about such things than I do and it is really no problem to simply walk over and pull the plug out.

This makes just about as much sense as unplugging a toaster when your toast pops up. Or for that matter unplugging your washing machine at the end of a wash cycle.
You would think so but a toaster work a little different then most battery chargers so best practice is to disconnect. As far as timer go keep in mind they can fail or you think you set and you for got. Ever see automatic lights fail?

How much effort is it to pull a plug out of a wall socket? I do that just because the manufacturer just might know a bit more about such things than I do and it is really no problem to simply walk over and pull the plug out.
To be clear, I don't store my chargers plugged in. My point was more about when charging at the end of the day, don't worry about getting it unplugged at the end of the charge cycle in the middle of the night. The next day will be fine!

The problem is that it takes 4 to 6 hr to change my battery and I don't want to have to remember to go out to the shed in 4 to 6 hr to unplug the charger. Or if I want to go off worry about remembering to unplug the charger first.

To be clear, I don't store my chargers plugged in. My point was more about when charging at the end of the day, don't worry about getting it unplugged at the end of the charge cycle in the middle of the night. The next day will be fine!
Excellent point for most part that works fine but indeed unplugging it is the best policy and don't recommend leaving any charger connected for a excessive length of time unless it's specifically designed to maintain a battery at a certain level long term.

your talking appliances that have on and off switches. the charger is aways powered on and and ready to pump out current into the battery. now days most appliances are never fully off either.

your talking appliances that have on and off switches. the charger is aways powered on and and ready to pump out current into the battery. now days most appliances are never fully off either.
Not true.

Back