New Atom X Problems - HELP!

The duke

Hi guys. I purchased an Atom X 27.5+ Pro RC from an online retailer and what I received didnt look anything like the BH Atom X's I've seen elsewhere. The marketing material provided to me by the retailer was simply the links to https://bhbikesusa.com/atomx-pro-rc/

The website showed the new heads up display as encased in metal and part of the stem, sticking out solidly past the handlebars (heads up). What i received was a clip on, plastic display which attaches to a plastic, screw on bracket.

The BH website describes an "ergonomic remote controller with LED lighting and vibration feedback". What I got was significantly less than that - plastic and just 3 buttons....no LED, no vibrator. According to my vendor, this is what they received from BH and I have no recourse. I was told that possibly, the "BH X System" advertised on the BH USA website might only be available in Europe.

Anybody familiar with with Easy Motion / BH's Atom X line?

Attachments

• 20190424_171757.jpg
    20190424_171757.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Screenshot_20190424-215948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-215948_Chrome.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,261
  • 20190424_155751.jpg
    20190424_155751.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Screenshot_20190424-163819_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-163819_Chrome.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 1,136
BH Atom X's I've seen elsewhere.

Where did you see ATOM X's?

All the ATOM X bikes I have seen have the same plastic display and 3 button pad on the left.
Only in EU, they offer GPS tracking, mobile app and few other features but all the ATOM X bikes I have seen do not have led vibrating button pad.

You can see in this video from Electric Bike Report:

Hi Ravi. Actually, if you look closely at the video you imbedded you can see them. If you go to the 2:00 minute mark of your video, you can see the blue Atom X Pro RC with the heads up display in the background. You can also see the LED vibrating button pad.

Here's another video of Joe Marcoux of BH at the Interbike tradeshow in Las Vegas on Sept 21, 2017. Again, the Atom X Lynx 6 has the old clip on plastic display and 3 button pad, but as he demostrates in depth beginning at 1:56 minutes, the Pro RC has the heads up display and haptic control.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190424-234841_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-234841_YouTube.jpg
    987 KB · Views: 983
  • Screenshot_20190424-170812_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-170812_YouTube.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 950
  • Screenshot_20190424-170649_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-170649_YouTube.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Screenshot_20190425-000620_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-000620_Gallery.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 977
I'm hoping our own Will from Scooteretti can step forward and offer an opinion. Here's one of his 'product videos' with him and BH looking at the Atom X Pro RC and demoing the new screen and control here in the us:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-072128_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-072128_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 968
  • Screenshot_20190425-071719_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-071719_YouTube.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 1,160
Hi Ravi. Actually, if you look closely at the video you imbedded you can see them. If you go to the 2:00 minute mark of your video, you can see the blue Atom X Pro RC with the heads up display in the background. You can also see the LED vibrating button pad.

Here's another video of Joe Marcoux of BH at the Interbike tradeshow in Las Vegas on Sept 21, 2017. Again, the Atom X Lynx 6 has the old clip on plastic display and 3 button pad, but as he demostrates in depth beginning at 1:56 minutes, the Pro RC has the heads up display and haptic control.

All the bikes I have seen in person came with center mount display with plastic enclosure.

Last edited:
All the bikes I have seen in person come with center mount display that has plastic enclosure.

Here's an electricbikereview.com video posted by Court, owner of our website on October 7, 2017! In it, way back in 2017, starting at 26:35 monutes in the video, Court tests out the new aluminum encased, 256mb display and vibrating, illuminated controls. In the description to his youtube video. Court himself writes of the Atom X, "The Atom X display has a full aluminum bezel and 256mb processor" and "haptic and tactile feedback with the button pad."

Electribikereview.com is where I did the majority of my research. It was from this group that I learned what a good company BH is. And it's people like you, Ravi, Court and Will@Scooterelli that i really listened to when making my buying decisions. Not sure if it makes sense to you that I built up an expectation based on the reviews, videos and comments of these great and knowledgeable guys as well as all the literature from BH. I even saw this information in your posts of their marketing material back in June of lady year!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-073747_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-073747_YouTube.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 939
  • Screenshot_20190425-091140_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-091140_YouTube.jpg
    837.7 KB · Views: 1,246
Last edited:
Here's an electricbikereview.com video posted by Court, owner of our website on October 7, 2017! In it, way back in 2017, starting at 26:35 monutes in the video, Court tests out the new aluminum encased, 256mb display and vibrating, illuminated controls. In the description to his youtube video. Court himself writes of the Atom X, "The Atom X display has a full aluminum bezel and 256mb processor" and "haptic and tactile feedback with the button pad."

You can contact them here and check what comes on the production models. Just call them and you should be able to talk to someone.
https://bhbikesusa.com/contact/
All the old videos show pre-production model.

knowledgeable guys as well as all the literature from BH. I even saw this information in your posts of their marketing material back in June of lady year!

You have got a very good bike. Enjoy that.
The bone of contention is that some models were advertised with Aluminum bezel display and you got a plastic display.
Some videos show both.

If I were you, instead of spending time posting screenshots here, I would give a call to the BH or the dealer and verify what comes on the production model.

BH BIKES USA
620 N. 2nd St.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Phone: 866-752-4872
eMail: [email protected]

Customer Service
866-752-4872: X 144
Outside Sales
Larry Beiswenger - Eastern U.S. | Eastern Canada: X 255
Soren Strom - Western U.S. | Western Canada | Hawaii | Alaska: X 256
Technical Service

Electribikereview.com is where I did the majority of my research. It was from this group that I learned what a good company BH is. And it's people like you, Ravi, Court and Will@Scooterelli that i really listened to when making my buying decisions. Not sure if it makes sense to you that I built up an expectation based on the reviews, videos and comments of these great and knowledgeable guys as well as all the literature from BH. I even saw this information in your posts of their marketing material back in June of lady year!
I can understand your disappointment getting something different than you expected. To be honest, in Court's video, the BH rep does say shortly after that 26 minute mark that the bike is a prototype. And this was at an industry convention, not a sales show for the public.

I've had dealings with BH customer support and they've been great to deal with. I would call them.

You have got a very good bike. Enjoy that.
The bone of contention is that some models were advertised with Aluminum bezel display and you got a plastic display.
Some videos show both.

If I were you, instead of spending time posting screenshots here, I would give a call to the BH or the dealer and verify what comes on the production model.

BH BIKES USA
620 N. 2nd St.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Phone: 866-752-4872
eMail: [email protected]

Customer Service
866-752-4872: X 144
Outside Sales
Larry Beiswenger - Eastern U.S. | Eastern Canada: X 255
Soren Strom - Western U.S. | Western Canada | Hawaii | Alaska: X 256
Technical Service
Thanks for the contact info Ravi! I called them and they were extremely responsive. They said they completely understand my frustration and will get back to me with a solution. I was left with a very positive feeling that they value their customers and would do whatever they needed to to make it right.
Hopefully that pans out.

It's just weird that it seems I'm the only one with this issue...my complaint seemed to hit the BH people out of the blue. I'd like to know if anyone else owns an Atom X and what computer and control they got on theirs.

@The duke apologies for the delay. Indeed the Atom X as received did have a slightly different display than that shown in the video from pre-production bike shown at Interbike 2017. Honestly, I have not spoken to them about why the change happened as no one has brought up the issue.

Would be interesting the know why if we can find out about why the change happened.

Will

shop.scooteretti.com

@The duke apologies for the delay. Indeed the Atom X as received did have a slightly different display than that shown in the video from pre-production bike shown at Interbike 2017. Honestly, I have not spoken to them about why the change happened as no one has brought up the issue.

Would be interesting the know why if we can find out about why the change happened.

Will

shop.scooteretti.com
Hi Will. Thanks for the reply. I am personally super bummed about not getting the System X controller setup. My vendor, like BH, and like you, all refer to it as 'slightly different' and 'functionally identical' which drives me nuts. I'm trying to be civil, reasonable and cooperative in this, but it's got me feeling bait and switched. I've been told repeatedly that I'm making a big deal about something that's really small.....maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion and need to get some perspective...I should just be happy to have a good bike. I just have a bad taste in my mouth. I'm trying to get over it and am realizing that you can't believe everyone who tells you things on the internet, as reputable as they may seem.?

I honestly feel if it was my business, regardless of my industry, and my customer got baby blue instead of navy blue, or an LED TV instead of a liquid crystal TV, a corn tortilla instead of a flour tortilla, or a mountain view instead of a lake view. I would COMPLETELY understand their frustration. As a good and reputable business person, I wouldn't minimize their complaint. If I was complicit by advertising something incorrectly, I would feel a ton of terrible. But that's just me.

I'm trying to be patient and am hopeful that at some point, this will be made right. I think there are good people at BH, and in this industry in general.

Last edited:
@The duke I totally hear you and feel your frustration. It’s not uncommon for pre-production products to have changes made before the final product is available but I totally get where you are coming from.

Hi Will. Thanks for the reply. I am personally super bummed about not getting the System X controller setup. My vendor, like BH, and like you, all refer to it as 'slightly different' and 'functionally identical' which drives me nuts. I'm trying to be civil, reasonable and cooperative in this, but it's got me feeling bait and switched. I've been told repeatedly that I'm making a big deal about something that's really small.....maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion and need to get some perspective...I should just be happy to have a good bike. I just have a bad taste in my mouth. I'm trying to get over it and am realizing that you can't believe everyone who tells you things on the internet, as reputable as they may seem.?

I honestly feel if it was my business, regardless of my industry, and my customer got baby blue instead of navy blue, or an LED TV instead of a liquid crystal TV, a corn tortilla instead of a flour tortilla, or a mountain view instead of a lake view. I would COMPLETELY understand their frustration. As a good and reputable business person, I wouldn't minimize their complaint. If I was complicit by advertising something incorrectly, I would feel a ton of terrible. But that's just me.

I'm trying to be patient and am hopeful that at some point, this will be made right. I think there are good people at BH, and in this industry in general.

You recieved the older display.
Talk with Denis @ Bh technical and ask him for the new Color Lcd Atom x display. That’s the one shown in the pics.
I had wanted to get the colored LCD one for my Nitro city but they are linked to different controllers. So it won’t work on my bike.
It is made specifically for the Atom x. Has bluetooth and then use it with the app.

But if you are using the black and white one that is also working on my bike then by reverse thinking the colored one should also work on my Nitro. And then they probaly told me it won’t work out of an abundance of caution.

Talk with Denis @ Bh technical and ask him for the new Color Lcd Atom x display. That’s the one shown in the pics.

I had wanted to get the colored LCD one for my Nitro city but they are linked to different controllers. So it won’t work on my bike.
It is made specifically for the Atom x. Has bluetooth and then use it with the app.

But if you are using the black and white one that is also working on my bike then by reverse thinking the colored one should also work on my Nitro. And then they probaly told me it won’t work out of an abundance of caution.
And yea i also would have been really pissed off for not getting what I was expecting to be a colour Lcd display !

It has a lot mo’ features compAred to the other one which is not totally bAd (you can check many parameters-Controller temp., battery amps....) Hold down - and + buttons at same time for few seconds to get in it. To exit press the power button a few seconds.

Lmk how it went !

Do you know Dennis @ BH's email? I'd like to get some displays for my shop!

Back