New activities taken up during COVID-19

Buckdubay

What new activities have you taken up during the COVID-19 shutdown and social distancing? I have started building a new fire pit patio and deck. Along with outdoor furniture
848BF0B6-2BA5-45C2-9040-711C2819CD89.jpeg
89B2541A-7B4D-45DC-910E-DE94B3DE8708.jpeg
6749C696-9D35-4E04-944B-09C4D54AE769.jpeg
CD84F042-ED7E-4654-81A8-E5F2B4AACC9D.jpeg

My life has essentially stayed the same. I ride my new Allant+7 every other day at least. We buy at box stores so we go less often but wear masks when we do shop.

I have a smart trainer that I purchased a little over a months ago and hooked it up to my screen projector. I've been riding on various roads in BigRingVR. I do about a hour each day and have put about 260 miles on the trainer so far.

IMG_20200708_083656.jpg

This one is Alpe d'Huez in France

IMG_20200708_083734.jpg

Its a bit harder than an e-bike but fun

Nice stonework as well as the furniture...I'm waiting on a ton of stones for the back yard ...tore out an old deck and building a patio .
How big is the patio you are building? Working with stone is backbreaking. I enjoy working with wood much more. The cooler bench has been great, less trips to the house for a cold one.

How big is the patio you are building? Working with stone is backbreaking. I enjoy working with wood much more. The cooler bench has been great, less trips to the house for a cold one.
About 200 sqft (a 10 x 12 plus walkway). I am hiring help to lay it ... much heavier than working with deck boards, but once does it. I am old enough to not want to do that deck again and again.

Bike riding actually... daily now.

Used to play basketball and volleyball every weekend and then Covid said "no more soup for you".

But I'm not as young as I used to be so that's why I'm looking for an ebike for help on those longer rides. :)

Setup a hydroponic vegetable garden.
Building a Koi pond in the atrium.
:)
My wife raises most of our tomatoes, peppers, salad greens, and spices with hydroponics. And I once tried the koi pond / stream thing by the back door. Lots of gardens here already, so that's not new for us. The stone patio stuff is new, as are the bikes, of course.

We have a small 5x15ft raised bed garden with salad veggies in it. Also some strawberry plants that were growing some nice berries. However the damn chipmunks eat all of them before we were able to eat any of them.

Nothing quite as constructive as all that, here... But I am psyching myself up for a summer decluttering... gonna Marie-Kondo my condo!
Still riding now and then (though without an office commute Mon-Fri, since I'm on telework now, I find I ride a lot less overall, than before the pandemic.)
Some great streaming... Netflix "Dark" was amazing! And some great online streaming -- revisiting all of the episodes of James Burke's three "Connections" series; the original series (made in 1978) I vividly remember watching (and loving it!) during 9th grade physics class...

We have a small 5x15ft raised bed garden with salad veggies in it. Also some strawberry plants that were growing some nice berries. However the damn chipmunks eat all of them before we were able to eat any of them.
About 200 sq ft - 15 4x4 foot square raised beds here. All I am allowed to do is dig holes where I'm told and harvest stuff when I'm told.

My rocks showed up. Trying to attach photos. Doesn't look like much ... 2200 pounds ...
20200708_203300.jpg

Attachments

• 20200708_204619.jpg
    20200708_204619.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 358
So all I have to do is pick them up, carry them around the man eating plants, and lay them out in a newly leveled bed of pebbles and sand ... in the hotterest time of the year. Yeah I'm excited. Didn't sound like much back in March when I tore out the old deck and Gazebo.

Nothing quite as constructive as all that, here... But I am psyching myself up for a summer decluttering... gonna Marie-Kondo my condo!
Still riding now and then (though without an office commute Mon-Fri, since I'm on telework now, I find I ride a lot less overall, than before the pandemic.)
Some great streaming... Netflix "Dark" was amazing! And some great online streaming -- revisiting all of the episodes of James Burke's three "Connections" series; the original series (made in 1978) I vividly remember watching (and loving it!) during 9th grade physics class...
Connections was a great PBS series. I remember one about how the stirrups gave raise to the whole feudal system.

So all I have to do is pick them up, carry them around the man eating plants, and lay them out in a newly leveled bed of pebbles and sand ... in the hotterest time of the year. Yeah I'm excited. Didn't sound like much back in March when I tore out the old deck and Gazebo.
Good luck to you and your back

Back