NEW 2015 Prodeco Phantom XR

I second that, J.R. ! My shop never has a problem getting help from the customer service and tech folks at Prodeco Tech. A quick phone call should solve the issue and they do have all the little parts, which is very handy. Don't know what the issue is with their web system but be sure to mention it when you call. Tomorrow is a holiday, so it's likely no one will be there.

I bought mine about a month ago, loved it! I had 10 or 12 rides on it, came home today and it is leaking what appears to be a thin white lithium grease from the motor! Very disappointed to say the least. Thinking I should have bought a better brand. Trying to upload pictures but not very good at it.

I called Prodecotech and they were really friendly. Even sent me the little rubber axle cover for free! A few weeks ago I went to the "electric bike expo" that came to Portland. I had a chance to ride around 10 different ebikes. Most seemed to have the Bosch mid drive (maybe they are a big sponsor of the show). I liked almost all of the bikes, but I have to say, out of all of them, I still like my Prodeco Genesis R the best. My girlfriend really liked the A2B alva+ (she had a ball riding it and wants to buy one). It was nice too but I have to say my prodeco bike feels like a speedster compared to anything I rode at the show. My favorite bike at the show (besides my own prodeco bike) was a new model from a bike company called "Tempo". I rode theirs, which had a mid drive, front frame mount battery and a CVT fully automatic transmission (nuvinci). It was pretty sweet. It adjusts the "gears" and works along with the electric motor, all automatically, no manual shifting. It also had a belt drive (no chain). It's also around twice as expensive as my Prodeco bike. Still I wouldn't give up my Prodeco Genesis R.

I've had my XR for about three months now. Solid bike. Good looking. Probably have put 300 miles on it so far. Find myself taking much longer rides and spending more time outdoors. Battery seems to hold power forever. Highly recommend it.

Back