Need suggestions for fast ebike

It's crazy when a vendor comes on here to assumedly promote their business, tells a good intentioned person 'you don't know squat' and to 'buzz off'.

Talking to another person like that on THIS forum is disappointing. I won't try to discern his motives, because he's right, I'm no ebike expert.
Well, in a way he did me a favor by educating me where NOT to buy a bike, ever. I hope others also take this excellent advice.

My Cross Rip+ is now an e gravel bike. Took of fenders and had lbs put on 700 x 40 tubeless gravel tires. Clearance is close but they fit and it does well on some easy trails and seems to roll well on pavement.

Well, in a way he did me a favor by educating me where NOT to buy a bike, ever. I hope others also take this excellent advice.
Yeah, and I love how he assumed Taco799 had "no idea what he really wants", and a "lack of desire to do research". 🤣🤣🤣

Ok, this know-nothing will go ahead and buzz off now, for assuming that our members are not stupid and not lazy.

Bang for buck, look at Juiced bikes and their HQ is in California. After much research I settled on them because for the money you get a lot of value. I was a little worry about internet service but they have been great! They even sent a mechanic to my house to fix an issue I had. Look at specs and compare prices and you will see the you get a good value for the $.

You don't know squat about the Shred, so buzz off. It doesn't have the drop bar, but I challenge anyone to find a faster ebike with torque sensing, at anything below the $5000 price point. The acceleration on this will blow away any mid drive, so not just talking top end speed. With torque sensing and the 14ah battery, the range will surprise you. He'll get a plenty aggressive riding posture. And unless his roads are perfect asphalt, he'll be thankful he has the tires that are on the Shred. Riding fast is more about safety, and good control, which the Shred has in spades over a lot of terrains.

'Money is no object' is often a euphemism for 'I have no idea what I really want', so I'm just going to spend a lot and hope that cures my lack of desire/time to do much research.

Faster than a bike equipped with a Bafang Ultra ? I must try one.

My commute is 24 miles each way from Downtown San Diego to Solana Beach. I currently take the train but, I need to lose some weight and want to start biking to work. I am in decent shape overall, I am a powerlifter but, I've given that up and want to slim down by 20 or so pounds and my stamina certainly needs work. Given how far the commute is each way a non-electric bike wouldn't work for me. The train takes about 45 min right now. I would like to be able to do the same commute in 1 hour on a bike, probably not right away but, that is my goal.

Here are my requirements
*Speed at least 28mph (I am willing to get a bike that does less and de-restrict it if someone has a suggestion)
*Range lets say 40 Miles on max boost
*Road bike geometry w/ drop bars
*Let's pretend money is no object (it obviously is but I would rather spend more and get a better quality bike than cheap out and have it break on me halfway to Solana Beach)
*Low maintenance (Ideally a carbon belt drive)as I don't have much bike fixing experience but, this is the least important here).
Buy two of these beautiful bikes ( license and insurance I imagine ) and keep one by your workplace.
You'll look good on this I'm sure.

For a decent fast commuter a kit build is hard to beat. Never cheaper but the right frame can have upgraded disc systems and easily be a bike to hang with 30mph traffic. $35 is easy. 40 and over is a wall IMO for bikes and better suited to an electric up motorcycle. But that’s just one perspective from a former MC to eBike fella.

Faster than a bike equipped with a Bafang Ultra ? I must try one.
Not a chance. I rode Feliz's Ultra, it kills the the Shred and every other hub I've ridden. The Shred OK but nothing to write home about, Magnum Metro+ with the Das Kit hub is faster than the shred for similar money.

Full disclosure, I sell Shreds, Magnums, Bulls, BH, and a bunch of others so I've ridden a couple bikes.

Not a chance. I rode Feliz's Ultra, it kills the the Shred and every other hub I've ridden. The Shred OK but nothing to write home about, Magnum Metro+ with the Das Kit hub is faster than the shred for similar money.

Full disclosure, I sell Shreds, Magnums, Bulls, BH, and a bunch of others so I've ridden a couple bikes.
Hi ,Have you found that more powerful hub motors tend to break rear wheel spokes? If so what do you do to combat the problem?

Hi ,Have you found that more powerful hub motors tend to break rear wheel spokes? If so what do you do to combat the problem?
I haven't seen too many broken spokes. One client running a Bafang 750W hub was breaking spokes. The problem was that the holes in the rim were barely big enough for the nipples, combined with the larger diameter hub it put a bend on each spoke near the nipple. I built him a new wheel with new 12ga spokes, I drilled out the spoke holes in the rim a little so the nipples would pull in a direct line with the spokes. Seems to have worked, it's been 2 months and he hasn't been back.

Back