Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Here you go Elgorgo. I used the smaller bolts for the front (because of the depth) and the top of the rear guard because the long one wasn’t long enough to fit the nut and washer. as you can see I used the long bolt near the pedals. Also you can see where I zipped on some to cushion any clanking when things get bumpy.

Attachments

• D8418E2C-5490-49B4-A952-ED68BF90C6CD.jpeg
    D8418E2C-5490-49B4-A952-ED68BF90C6CD.jpeg
    600.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 817A1733-FF1A-48D8-A373-E920475B934D.jpeg
    817A1733-FF1A-48D8-A373-E920475B934D.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 66B9E20B-4791-4685-9A6C-C10F061BA703.jpeg
    66B9E20B-4791-4685-9A6C-C10F061BA703.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 342
Ah. I see. Now mines the 345 lite. Different front forks. The front I used the long bolt. No real problem there. I managed to get one small bolt in the top rear hole (it has no nut just a washer and I'm worried it'll vibrate loose, it's only finger tightened cos I couldn't get an Allen key between the tyre and mudguard) And the bottom one again is so small and fiddly there's no way to do it. I'm looking at getting new bolts with nylon washers for that one. But the top rear ones really peeing me off. It's either cross threaded or it'll come off when I least want it to. Good tidy job you've done there mate.

Ah. I see. Now mines the 345 lite. Different front forks. The front I used the long bolt. No real problem there. I managed to get one small bolt in the top rear hole (it has no nut just a washer and I'm worried it'll vibrate loose, it's only finger tightened cos I couldn't get an Allen key between the tyre and mudguard) And the bottom one again is so small and fiddly there's no way to do it. I'm looking at getting new bolts with nylon washers for that one. But the top rear ones really peeing me off. It's either cross threaded or it'll come off when I least want it to. Good tidy job you've done there mate.
I found when doing both the rear ones it was easiest to undo the rear wheel and lift it out of the retaining slots, then pull it backwards and rest it back from the slots. Also I did get my daughter to lift the wheel while I tightened the one at the top of the rear guard otherwise as you said there isn’t enough room to get an allen key in there.

That was what I didn't want to do! (remove the rear wheel) but should have and probably might have to do in the end to get that pesky little bolt out. Grrrr.....

That was what I didn't want to do! (remove the rear wheel) but should have and probably might have to do in the end to get that pesky little bolt out. Grrrr..... 1
It’s not too hard at all mate you don’t need to remove the wheel entirely from the frame. Just undo the axle nuts, lift the wheel out of the slots and you can pull the deraileur back to give more space. Once you get started it will make sense you’ll see :)

Cheers man. I'll enlist the help of my son. You planning any more mods to ya bike? I added a mirror!!
Yes I got a mirror too :) Not sure what to do next to be honest. I thought some nice leather panniers might look good. Lucky me has a wife that’s pretty handy at making things out of leather. I know that for sure as I bought her the tools 😁. Other than that as I have grabbed a bunch of clear Perspex left over from work I did wonder what a front windscreen might look like? If I make one I’ll post a pic.

Merry Christmas everyone, lucky me got this sexy leather storage bag for my 345 from my lovely wife for Christmas. She‘s very talented, the whole side panel unzips and there’s a little pocket for my iPod 😁

Attachments

• E1E5EB48-7ED7-4A31-9B7D-A439974F5E62.jpeg
    E1E5EB48-7ED7-4A31-9B7D-A439974F5E62.jpeg
    859.5 KB · Views: 414
Oh that’s just my Harley Davidson bandana. Grabbed that when I played at the European Bike week in Austria in 2012. Hides all manner of sins ;)

Aahh! Bag looks pretty neat man, your missus ought a get in touch with Newgen and make em as accessories! Did y know that Newgen are teaming up with indie gogo to update the 345?

Hi I'm new to this, been looking at the Newgen but concerned about the 20mph top end speed, does anyone find this an issue? Also been looking at the super73 for the extra 10mph. What are your guys views? Also I'm 6ft 4" will this look too small on me?

Hi I'm new to this, been looking at the Newgen but concerned about the 20mph top end speed, does anyone find this an issue? Also been looking at the super73 for the extra 10mph. What are your guys views? Also I'm 6ft 4" will this look too small on me?
You're concerned about how slow it is? Or you wanna go faster? If you're looking to go 30 in the UK on road, you'll be riding illegally. Tbh the Newgens probably larger than the super 73 in height, my sons a big lad 6ft plus and he has no trouble. Plus the Newgen looks way cooler than super 73. Hope this helps.

You're concerned about how slow it is? Or you wanna go faster? If you're looking to go 30 in the UK on road, you'll be riding illegally. Tbh the Newgens probably larger than the super 73 in height, my sons a big lad 6ft plus and he has no trouble. Plus the Newgen looks way cooler than super 73. Hope this helps.
Yeah I'm just concerned about being fast enough to be safe in traffic that's all. If I'm honest I want to see and try both in person before I commit so a big purchase. Does have to be said though that their customers relations is top notch. I've sent a few emails to them and they are quick, friendly and knowledgeable

Yeah I'm just concerned about being fast enough to be safe in traffic that's all. If I'm honest I want to see and try both in person before I commit so a big purchase. Does have to be said though that their customers relations is top notch. I've sent a few emails to them and they are quick, friendly and knowledgeable
Yeah I'm with you. I looked at the super73 too and tbh I'm glad I came across the Newgen. Very sturdy, and beautifully made. If you look through this thread you'll see myself and Dustyaxe discussing the bike and pre purchase concerns. Super73 buyers are reporting issues about just about everything at the minute, which is a shame really. Check out a guy on you tube called Tike Turner, one of his music vids show him zipping about on a 345. I got the 345 lite with the cadence motor and honestly I couldn't be happier with it. It doesn't sound fast but its remarkably nippy in traffic. And it's great fun to ride. My sons a power lifter and it carries him no problem at all.

Yeah I'm with you. I looked at the super73 too and tbh I'm glad I came across the Newgen. Very sturdy, and beautifully made. If you look through this thread you'll see myself and Dustyaxe discussing the bike and pre purchase concerns. Super73 buyers are reporting issues about just about everything at the minute, which is a shame really. Check out a guy on you tube called Tike Turner, one of his music vids show him zipping about on a 345. I got the 345 lite with the cadence motor and honestly I couldn't be happier with it. It doesn't sound fast but its remarkably nippy in traffic. And it's great fun to ride. My sons a power lifter and it carries him no problem at all.
Yeah I read this whole thread, I'm so excited to get an ebike, tbh as long as it is good in traffic I'm happy, that was my main concern if I'm honest, as for the height and weight thing that's a weight off my mind too. Yeah I watched that video and it made me want it more. I'm so glad I came across this forum, trying to find reviews for this or any of the community is hard, I tried looking on Reddit and found nothing. Yeah I'm a big lad too so as long as it's good for your son then hopefully it is for me too! 😊

There's also a pretty good review on YouTube by views from the Man Cave (or something like that!). I know what you mean. I'd already bought the bike before I found the forum and was suffering from buyers remorse. Lol. Then the bike came and yeah I was over the moon with it. I'm in a semi rural area and it's great for getting some head space. It was great hearing my sons first words on it, which was "wahey!" Same as mine! You looking at cadence or torque?
Yeah I read this whole thread, I'm so excited to get an ebike, tbh as long as it is good in traffic I'm happy, that was my main concern if I'm honest, as for the height and weight thing that's a weight off my mind too. Yeah I watched that video and it made me want it more. I'm so glad I came across this forum, trying to find reviews for this or any of the community is hard, I tried looking on Reddit and found nothing. Yeah I'm a big lad too so as long as it's good for your son then hopefully it is for me too! 😊

There's also a pretty good review on YouTube by views from the Man Cave (or something like that!). I know what you mean. I'd already bought the bike before I found the forum and was suffering from buyers remorse. Lol. Then the bike came and yeah I was over the moon with it. I'm in a semi rural area and it's great for getting some head space. It was great hearing my sons first words on it, which was "wahey!" Same as mine! You looking at cadence or torque?
I'm not sure of the difference between cadence and torque if I'm honest 🤣. Yeah I'm semi rural atm so feel like it would be good for that plus I work in London so would be handy on a commute. Yeah I saw that video too, would just like a few more from different people to really get a feel for it. I'm usually trawling through YouTube and stuff before I buy anything

Back