Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Pleasure is all mine mate :) That got to you really quickly, I’m glad.
Howdy fellas, I just received these... time to fight the tyres again.. ignore the size, they overlap
image.jpg

These were on eBay, but you can get them direct from the US... they ain’t cheap though.

Hopefully I’ve learnt enough from changing the tyres to make fitting these a little less painful

I’m also going to clean the brakes through as they are making quite a bit of noise now.
How are you getting on with your 345?

These were on eBay, but you can get them direct from the US... they ain’t cheap though.

Hopefully I’ve learnt enough from changing the tyres to make fitting these a little less painful

I’m also going to clean the brakes through as they are making quite a bit of noise now.
lol, these tyres ain’t budging

No problems at all. Touch wood!!!

Howdy fellas, I just received these... time to fight the tyres again.. ignore the size, they overlapView attachment 66530
Nice one OldBoy :) I have asked my brother in California to look out for some for me. I had to wait ten days to get some new tubes for mine after my puncture, I was going crazy with the wait. Tried repairing the old tube in the meantime but that failed. When I got my new tubes I went for a nice long ride and on the way back stopped to pick some blackberries. That all went well for about an hour as in the end I was just wheeling the bike along looking for berries and got another puncture! Damn it. So now I definitely want some liners.

Did you make to get the tyres off yourself this time or did it cost you another 4 pack?

(s*it luck you’re having with flats btw)

Did you make to get the tyres off yourself this time or did it cost you another 4 pack?

(s*it luck you’re having with flats btw)
I managed it myself in the end mate. I got. Myself some of those plastic coated steel ones and found it pretty easy with them.

I managed it myself in the end mate. I got. Myself some of those plastic coated steel ones and found it pretty easy with them.
Nice. I gave up on fitting the liners in favour of sorting the brakes out. It turns out that my brake noise was due to too much oil in the front system. I pushed the sticky piston in with a screwdriver and drained excess oil from the brake lever port. A doddle.

Hey “OldBoy” I’ve really gotta get me some of those Mr Tuffy liners. Had my third puncture today, this time on the back tire. After the first two I thought. That’s it! I’m sticking to road riding only now. Alas I got this latest one on the road.

Don’t know what did it this time, maybe a bit of glass or a sharp stone. Anyway I hope you guys don’t have my kind of luck whilst riding. In the plus bucket though I did get a package from Newgen today. It was my birthday present from my dear wife. Four new inner tubes :)

Hey guys, good news I recently wrote to tannus.co.uk asking them if they would consider making some of their armoured tire liners for our size tires. Just got an email from Tom at tannus saying yes they will be making some in the near future :) YIPPEE! I cant wait. As you already have heard I haven’t had much luck lately with all the punctures I’ve had. So Hooray for tannus! I’m starting to get worried about going anywhere on my bike now so any help with that would be a blessing. Will let you know if I hear more as to when they’re available.

Hi folks, been busy in the garage making some side panels for the 345 parcel shelf. The cutout on the left side is to allow for my D lock that straps to the frame.

Attachments

• 9F03D84F-0CBD-4470-B8A6-E3B4C0511850.jpeg
    9F03D84F-0CBD-4470-B8A6-E3B4C0511850.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 416
  • 010CFD2A-8DDC-4053-A37F-184B015BA4D9.jpeg
    010CFD2A-8DDC-4053-A37F-184B015BA4D9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 428
Hey Guys,

Since everyone seems to love the bike, I wanted to give you my feedback on my use and the reason why I did not enjoy the bike and sent it back :)

First I have to say that NewGen is an amazing company, they have helped me all the way with the small issue I had, A guy came to my flat to replace a disk brake that was slighly bended during tranportation. They have also helped me all the way with sending it back and get a refund even though I had unpacked the bike and ride it.

One of the issue I had with it is about the speed. I am use to ride a very light single gear bike (living in central london) and making my way quite quickly between my home and my office. Riding the 345 was a nightmare compare to this. You get very quickly up to 25 miles an hour and basically if you want to go quicker, you have to pedal very hard, in an awkward position, a bike that is 30kg heavy.
I can tell you that I am going MUCH faster with my single gear light bike. It is also much harder to circulate between cars and buses due to the super relax wide position you have when ridding it. I did not had any good feeling ridding it.

I am also currently rehabing my knee after ACL reconstruction and the low position on the bike plus the weight of it made it really painful for my knee. Even though I am quite fit, the low position of the bike (I am 1m82) and the saddle makes you use just your leg instead of your hips to work out which makes it way too hard to a pedal.

Another issue I had was with the storage, the large tyre doesn't fit in most bike sheds around london and the width of the handle makes it hard to park near other bikes. You almost need a motorbike parking spot for it.

Unfortunatly it didn't work out for me. Newgen was very helpful and concidering the knee pain and the fact that there was no way for me to try out the bike before buying it, accepted to take it back with full refund. And I thank them for that.

I hope I could give my honest feedback to all the people that wonder if they should buy this or not, please concider all of this before buying it.
Storage, size, weight, your location, your commute, your body, your expectation of the bike, etc.
It's beautifull technology but it is not meant for everyone.

Real sorry to hear that Skym00th :( There are so many variables for everyone I guess. I’m guessing a busy place like London makes it hard on all cyclists but glad to hear Newgen were so helpful. Hope the knee gets better soon.

Real sorry to hear that Skym00th :( There are so many variables for everyone I guess. I’m guessing a busy place like London makes it hard on all cyclists but glad to hear Newgen were so helpful. Hope the knee gets better soon.
I'm 50/50 on this, so I'm gonna say nowt since I'm not a city commuter and don't really get what these downsides are. At least the guys at Newgen are proving their worth.

Has anyone tried fitting the Newgen mudguards??? What a flipping nightmare the rear one is!!!!
Yes funnily enough I got some this week as well. The rear one was a little tricky especially the bolt near the pedals. Not any harder than I expected though and I’m very pleased with the look. I did zip tie a little piece of foam to the front of the frame to both protect the mudguard from getting scratched and to stop it clanking when I go over bumps. Works a treat :)

Dusty, did they come with bolts? The rear ones. Mine just had a washer. I can't get the bloody bottom one in no matter how I try!!!!

Back