Need help finding an RV Approved fat tire e-bike rack

SteveL55

Region
USA
We have 2 Lectric XP bikes on the way. I had my eye on the Hollywood Racks HR1700 RV Rider Hitch Rack as it is approved for use with 5th wheel trailers like ours but it has been sold out for months. Does anyone have a line on a comparable rack that would accommodate 2 each 65 lb bikes with 20x3" inch wheels and approved for RV use (specifically 5th wheels)?

Swagman E-spec and 1up bike racks are RV rated and both will support two 70 lb bikes. Yakima OnRamp and Thule Easyfold racks support a load of up to 130 lbs although how well they do so is another matter. The Swagman rack is not difficult to find. 1up are backordered but I got on their waiting list April 11 and 5 weeks later I was able to place my order and received the rack last week.

Etrailer.com is a good place to get information and to buy RV racks.

Wow, sorry I did not see your reply previously. I had to use an email acct that I don't monitor regularly to register for this site.

Thanks for your input.

The 1up is not a good choice for a heavy fat tire bike as their ramp only works with tires that are 3 inche or less in width. Bikes with wider tires will end up on the edge of the ramp and as the ramp is not attached to the rack the ramp will flip over. I bought a motorcycle ramp and modified it to work with my 1up Super Double bike rack. The ramp designs from Thule and Yakima for their e-bike racks are much better in every respect.

Back