Need help choosing the right bike

Ehudson576

Region
USA
I am a 4'11" woman looking for a bicycle. I am currently looking at either the Electric Company Model M or the Rad Mini Step thru 2. Not sure which one would be better or if there is an even better bike out there that I am unaware of. Any and all advise would be helpful. Thanks so much.

i would for sure go with a Rad Mini over a Model M, the Mini has front suspension and nice fat tires for a comfortable ride,it also folds,has gears and a much bigger battery that is mounted on the seat tube and not in the front basket like the Model M.

i would for sure go with a Rad Mini over a Model M, the Mini has front suspension and nice fat tires for a comfortable ride,it also folds,has gears and a much bigger battery that is mounted on the seat tube and not in the front basket like the Model M.
Thanks, do you know of any other small bikes that would be good? I will be riding mostly on pavement. I came across anther one the Aventon Pace 500 step thru. Do you think that would be better than the Rad mini step thru? Thanks again

Last edited:
Liv is a line of e-bikes taylored for short people by trek.
Giant & bulls, cannondale have small frames, 15", 16", 17". They may not be in stock in stores. Usually stores make small people buy a bike before they can sit on it.
Aventon has a dozen or more complaints that the minimum assisted speed is 12 mph. That is too fast for pavement I ride on with long trenches between strips. Nobody has found a way to reprogram the controller.
I occasionally hit potholes that were hidden by previous car or rain or snow. I prefer a 26" wheel bike to a 20" wheel bike as a result. Fat tires may help, but are reported to be difficult to get off the wheel. I change my flats myself, so I ride 26"x2.1". The bike won't fit in the wife's car: besides she works in the daytime.

Liv is a line of e-bikes taylored for short people by trek.
Giant & bulls, cannondale have small frames, 15", 16", 17". They may not be in stock in stores. Usually stores make small people buy a bike before they can sit on it.
Aventon has a dozen or more complaints that the minimum assisted speed is 12 mph. That is too fast for pavement I ride on with long trenches between strips. Nobody has found a way to reprogram the controller.
I occasionally hit potholes that were hidden by previous car or rain or snow. I prefer a 26" wheel bike to a 20" wheel bike as a result. Fat tires may help, but are reported to be difficult to get off the wheel. I change my flats myself, so I ride 26"x2.1". The bike won't fit in the wife's car: besides she works in the daytime.
Thank you

Why don't you choose Ariel Rider M-Class or Haibike Radius. For similar price you can get Mid-drive e-bike and hydraulic brakes. Not to mention about internal gear hub.

Thanks, do you know of any other small bikes that would be good? I will be riding mostly on pavement. I came across anther one the Aventon Pace 500 step thru. Do you think that would be better than the Rad mini step thru? Thanks again
i like the Pace,i think its really good value but just like the Model M it has no front suspension, i know this is not a big deal to some guys and some even prefer rigid but i really like having a suspension fork, it all depends on what type of rider you are...

Back