Need Help Choosing Between.

KBUKME

Hey guys,

I've been doing lots of research for the better part of a month and im down to a few choices and was looking on insight into what you guying know/think of these options.

Im looking for a daily commuter/weekend warrior that will go down some mildy gnarly trails.

Budget is ~$4500. Im trying to max here but...

I think my best option from what ive read is a Giant Trance E+ 3 Pro
Trance E + 3 Pro

My next best thought its Cannondale Moterro Neo 5
I like this bike but the Giant has the Maestro Suspension Upgrade.
CannonDale Moterro Neo 5

And something that seems interesting but i know nothing about: Luna X1 Enduro
I like the idea of ludacris mode im concerned about the reliability simply because i dont know the brand.
Luna X1

Bonus points I found this used. Upgrade on the Giant. Giant Reign E+2 Pro
Giant Reign E + 2 Pro

Let me know what you think and if there might be another better option at this price range.

If possible id like to buy local in Delaware

Thanks in advance,

KB

Last edited:
Brandywine Bikes in Wilmington is a Giant dealer, did you want the Stance E+2 or the Trance E+3? IMO the Stance also has an air fork, that great Yamaha motor, and seems a better deal. Trek Wilmington or Trek Newark are local options if you want to test ride the Powerfly FS5 with a Bosch CX motor. Garrisons Cyclery in Wilmington are a Bulls dealer and the Six50 Evo AM1 is in your budget. These bikes don't have throttles but use pedal torque sensors which are most bicycle like to ride. I'd avoid Luna's bikes unless you pay out for their warranty because they can be hit or miss, I've had good service from a battery pack I bought from Luna so I'd trust getting a kit motor from them to convert a pedal bike, but the disappointment over the failed Sturmey IGH on their Luna Babe model raises questions about how much testing they do.

Last edited:
Brandywine Bikes in Wilmington is a Giant dealer, did you want the Stance E+2 or the Trance E+3? IMO the Stance also has an air fork, that great Yamaha motor, and seems a better deal. Trek Wilmington or Trek Newark are local options if you want to test ride the Powerfly FS5 with a Bosch CX motor. Garrisons Cyclery in Wilmington are a Bulls dealer and the Six50 Evo AM1 is in your budget. These bikes don't have throttles but use pedal torque sensors which are most bicycle like to ride. I'd avoid Luna's bikes unless you pay out for their warranty because they can be hit or miss, I've had good service from a battery pack I bought from Luna so I'd trust getting a kit motor from them to convert a pedal bike, but the disappointment over the failed Sturmey IGH on their Luna Babe model raises questions about how much testing they do.

The trance sorry I fixed it lol. The trance has a better rear suspension allowing for a lateral movement vs a sort of crushed motion without the maestro rear suspension.

Thanks for the feedback on Luna that what I was looking for.

I will check out both these shops this weekend.

I got my Revolt E+ Pro from Brandywine Bikes - it is a great shop with skilled staff. Call before you go - they are being very careful about people being in their shop because of Covid.

Here is a decent comparison between the X1 and Specialized. It will give you some insight into the bike if you are interested:

Back