need advice on switching from lead acid to lithium ion on my ebike/scooter tao tao 806

need advice on switching from lead acid to lithium ion on my ebike/scooter tao tao 806 60v 20amp 5x 12v 20amp lead acid pack atm i want to switch to lithium ion...

i am thinking i can just plug thisLiitoKala 60V ebike battery 60V 20Ah lithium ion battery electric bicycle battery 60V 1500W electric scooter battery in and it should work AS long as i charge with a new lithium ion charger right ???
Correct that you only need to match battery total Voltage and then pair it with the proper charger.
Amp/hour is capacity and you can buy whatever fits the ebike and your budget.
How many watts is the motor?

Last edited:
@xanten
Welcome to the forum.
You may want to look at the local adds or eBay for electric car battery packs like Nissan's eleaf, they are rated for 50amp new and usually can be found at 45amp with very few full charges on them. The one I have was rated by the seller at 45amp and I tested them at 47 to 49 amps.
Yes they are more expensive than the one you have mentioned however they do make up with performance.
Just my 2 cents.

Correct that you only need to match battery total Voltage and then pair it with the proper charger.
Amp/hour is capacity and you can buy whatever fits the ebike and your budget.
How many watts is the motor?
500watt its says this is good for 300watt to 1500 or 2000

@xanten
Welcome to the forum.
You may want to look at the local adds or eBay for electric car battery packs like Nissan's eleaf, they are rated for 50amp new and usually can be found at 45amp with very few full charges on them. The one I have was rated by the seller at 45amp and I tested them at 47 to 49 amps.
Yes they are more expensive than the one you have mentioned however they do make up with performance.
Just my 2 cents.
by my old battry is 20amp i can use those

500watt its says this is good for 300watt to 1500 or 2000
Just understand that at that price I doubt it will be made with quality cells and the amp/hour rating is probably exaggerated.
Not the battery you need... But for comparison...

@xanten

Using a battery that has same Voltage as the original is the safest way of doing the switch without knowing what the controller is rated for.
Using a 60v battery (as you stated) with amp rating of say 40amps it will allow you to go much further on a full charge and your controller will only use as much as it was programed to use.

Last edited:
Just understand that at that price I doubt it will be made with quality cells and the amp/hour rating is probably exaggerated.
Not the battery you need... But for comparison...
So you're saying that the battery is that I'm looking at is not correct cuz it's got all right reviews and there offering to do custom dimensions to fit my needs

So you're saying that the battery is that I'm looking at is not correct cuz it's got all right reviews and there offering to do custom dimensions to fit my needs
I'm saying at that price you will probably get what you pay for. Low quality Chinese cells as you can not buy name brand cells for that price.
Remember reviews on Aliexpress can not be left after 6 months so there is no feedback about lifespan after that.
The store itself is only in business 2 years and has 89% positive.
In the end.. it is your decision.

I'm saying at that price you will probably get what you pay for. Low quality Chinese cells as you can not buy name brand cells for that price.
Remember reviews on Aliexpress can not be left after 6 months so there is no feedback about lifespan after that.
The store itself is only in business 2 years and has 89% positive.
In the end.. it is your decision.
ok wel 500$ cad is my budget and when i saw this i thought i might be good if i cant get custom demotions to fix the lead acid packs locations witch i would assume they would use fresh cells that where not in there premade packs and i understand i might just take the chance and see worse case i will deal with aliexpress them self's for refund and return ..

@xanten

Using a battery that has same Voltage as the original is the safest way of doing the switch without knowing what the controller is rated for.
Using a 60v battery (as you stated) with amp rating of say 40amps it will allow you to go much further on a full charge and your controller will only use as much as it was programed to use.
so ... im confused lol i sould get a 60v 40amp and if it only needs 20 it will only used the 20 out of the 40 would that not over load it ... ?

my lead acids are 60v 20amp i want to switch to lithium ..... anyone have battery recommendations then ??

All I was saying is that if you are able to afford it is to get a replacement battery with a higher Amperage than the original, this will allow you to go further distance per charge.
As you are on a budget this may not possible at present time.
You may like to google "ping battery" to see if they can make one for you, they would be my choice instead of AliExpress.

oh wow almost 3 times the price of aliexpress ... uhmmm well then .... and what is this attached to it ??

Attachments

• 4820_WH__30497.1409122365.1280.1280__77548.1409543265.1280.1280_LI.jpg
    4820_WH__30497.1409122365.1280.1280__77548.1409543265.1280.1280_LI.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 256
wait so if i buy from ali then i will need to find a bms for it >? ..... i am this is becoming way to complicated .... i might just toss this bike out its not worth this kind of trouble i just wanted to buy a batterie and put it in and if that cant happened them i cant do this im not a electrician

Last edited:
this is the bike im lookiing to convert a scooter tao tao 806
... i just want it to take me 18km aday to and from work .... i dont want anything crazy or hard...
1b06f1_a8fa0778dd8448098f4778914750ed81~mv2.webp

anyone have a video on how to do this... it would help me learn and understand lol

Everyone is suggesting that you do not buy the absolutely cheapest battery from Aliexpress as it will be poor quality and will not last very long and give you problems.
Spend a little bit more money and buy a quality battery which will have good quality name brand cells and BMS included with the battery.
$200 for the battery you need it is "too good to be true"
What would you think if I offered you a bottle of champagne for $1?

Everyone is suggesting that you do not buy the absolutely cheapest battery from Aliexpress as it will be poor quality and will not last very long and give you problems.
Spend a little bit more money and buy a quality battery which will have good quality name brand cells and BMS included with the battery.
$200 for the battery you need it is "too good to be true"
What would you think if I offered you a bottle of champagne for $1?
yes i understand that and i am looking and other batteries but still need to know how to replace like some people say i need to replace wires and controller ... and stuff i just dont know where to connect them .... like would i just un plug the positive and negative remove all lead acids and splice the discharge connector on to the positive and negative then plug in the batterie and im done or so i need to do more ...

Back