NCM Moscow Plus

joeys

Region
Australia
Hi Guys, how can you tell what size rear wattage motor is on the bike, std its suppose to be a 250w (Australia) but the bike feels punchy as i don't want to buy a 500w if it already has one
cheers joe

ok as i already have the of road kit which has raised my speed limits, by putting the optional 500w motor in, in theory that should in increase the torque or is it all in the controller? & on another note I've been chatting with Jenny Mao regarding a larger amp battery she is absolutely fantastic to deal with.

Be wary what controller they install as they have a few with different amp. settings, think its same controller just amp setting is changed. Some can be unlocked via display and others cant, as you have the offroad kit see if amp level can be set.

Be wary what controller they install as they have a few with different amp. settings, think its same controller just amp setting is changed. Some can be unlocked via display and others cant, as you have the offroad kit see if amp level can be set.
how would you do that ? as I've reset the speed limits for the PAS & throttle control I don't recall any amp selection

yeah I don't think there's amp selection.

There's a thread somewhere on NCM forum people importing North American 18A controller.
So I think it's determined by the controller itself, not the setting.
Correct i also saw that.
Adjusting the amp setting on my controller from the display with a Bafang hub drive changes nothing at all. I did Google and found my controller as my hub drive is stamped 500 but the display watt reading kicks up to 1000W and beyond.

yeah most if not all of the NCM range bikes runs the Das-kit rear hub, here in Australia there sold with the 250w due to the legal restriction applied but we can buy the off road kit & the 500w motor as an option. anyway I've purchased the 500w motor but I'm also interested in the bigger amp battery that available as well.

We're talking about NCM Moscow, not Bafang.
It's powered by DasKit so Bafang setting may be different.

Also the typical 500W rated Bafang motor can be pushed more.
In addition, when ebike companies say 500W, they usually mean nominal power, not max power.
I realise that I was just making comparison i was also researching NCM bikes not long ago as i was thinking of getting one.

well good news fellers, the new 500w hub will no longer fit these older NCM modles as the new hubs are slightly bigger in diameter they have superseded them to the newer current size which will be for the newer modles to be released next year, so do you spend the money then modify it yourself make it work then loose warranty or just wait trade the bike in & buy next years modle ?

Back