NCM Moscow Dorado Battery failure with less than 20 charge cycles

e-easyrider

Region
Canada
My battery failed on the road, just past 13 months of ownership (but less than 6 months of recreational, no winter usage, and less than 20 charge cycles on the battery) … I explained to the seller, Leon Cycle, but they were firm on 12-month warranty. Very disappointed.
The battery went on and off when shaken, the issue may have been there all along because I used to lose power sometimes, briefly, and it came back on, I think it may have gotten progressively worse until finally not coming back on for more than a few seconds…hope nobody has a similar experience? and take note if your experiencing this type of issue...maybe you can catch it while under warranty.

Sounds like a bad connection inside either between the pack and the BMS or the BMS and the discharge port. Could be a bad weld on the batteries too but I think you'd see a different symptoms then of odd voltage drops and not charging.

It's repairable I am certain but I'm not going to recommend that route unless you are very comfy with electronics and the large energy stored in that battery.

Thank you, I was curious as to which part of the battery failed...I have replaced the battery. Yes, there were times that voltage dropped but came back on...then finally was not able to charge.

Back