NAKTO brand ?

yatin324

Region
USA
Is nakto a good brand? planning to buy a new electric bike, someone recommended me to try out NAKTO ebikes !!!!

It's on Amazon for the same price, but you can get amazon to back you up if the bike shows up dead,

Natko for years sold crappy ebikes with a rear band brake, but now they've gotten current with a rear disk. I've followed cheapo ebikes for years, and owned one (Ecotric). Also have done a dozen conversions. Cheap ebikes have gotten less expensive. Look at all the bikes under $499 on walmart.com. They're also better quality.

If you can handle bike mechanics on your own, then an inexpensive ebike can work, providing you don't get unlucky with the electronics or get a duff battery. If a flat tire or snapped brake lever brings you to tears, get a bike with bike shop support. You're not going to get much support from Natko on what to do if it breaks, but this is true of any other mail order brand.

My take on this Natko is positive. They route the wiring thru the frame. It has a steel frame, but I think that's better for a fat tire bike, which is something you ride for looks. Strength is better than a light frame which can flex. The rims are alloy. They didn't cheap out there and it makes a big difference o rideability.

A motor is a motor on a $999 bike. I don't worry about the specs. I believe they're all made up or copied at this price level. The little box under the battery is where the electronics will reside, It doesn't look too large, I would expect a 17-20 amp controller in there. Gets you up to about 20-22 mph on 48V. What do you want for 949 bucks,

Actually, I'm interested in NAKTO cruiser, on their website ( https://www.nakto.com/products/cruiser ) just found 4 reviews about it.......So I landed here to find more about this cruiser ebike
HarryS is the budget build master. His suggestions and parameters are spot on, again.

“If you can handle bike mechanics on your own, then an inexpensive ebike can work, providing you don't get unlucky with the electronics or get a duff battery. If a flat tire or snapped brake lever brings you to tears, get a bike with bike shop support. You're not going to get much support from Natko on what to do if it breaks, but this is true of any other mail order brand.

My take on this Natko is positive. They route the wiring thru the frame. It has a steel frame, but I think that's better for a fat tire bike, which is something you ride for looks. Strength is better than a light frame which can flex. The rims are alloy. They didn't cheap out there and it makes a big difference o rideability.”

It's a generic Chinese ebike.
What are you looking for? Fat Bike? What's your budget?

That Nakto Cruiser isn't particularly a good deal.

It also has conflicting information, just like a lot of Chinese ebike.

For example, it says it has 300W max motor (so the nominal rating is something like 150W or 200W?)
On the other hand, it says on the spec sheet that is has 500W motor (which usually is nominal rating, not max)

In addition, it says it has 45nm of torque, while the spec sheet says 52nm of torque.
My budget is around $800-1000 !!!!

Go for it or try an "Ecotric",
'Touteg" has a very interesting sale going on now, I tried a "Ecotric -Peacedove" for awhile,I actually liked it climbed better than I had hoped, the only problem was a bent front tire assembly upon arrival, that didn't bother Me since I was converting it to AWD anyway. The seat post battery was easy to upgrade and its a simple matter to install a speedometer. Where do you reside? If close I could sit you up with a new bike very cheap.( sorry Guys just fishing)

Go for it or try an "Ecotric",
'Touteg" has a very interesting sale going on now, I tried a "Ecotric -Peacedove" for awhile,I actually liked it climbed better than I had hoped, the only problem was a bent front tire assembly upon arrival, that didn't bother Me since I was converting it to AWD anyway. The seat post battery was easy to upgrade and its a simple matter to install a speedometer. Where do you reside? If close I could sit you up with a new bike very cheap.( sorry Guys just fishing)
me from cheyenne............thanks for your message will research more about this "ecotric" n cruiser too

Many of us have learned that we don't need 52V(58.8) and 36V is adequate.
I think the better approach is to ask what the OP expects for speed and performance.

I'm retiring 3 48V and 2 52V in favor of my 3 new 36V. Last of three here today. The EM3ev poly 36V 17Ah and Jenny Mao 36V shrink wrap(23Ah).

NKK DPDT switch for riding with two batteries for longer rides.

36V 10Ah won't do much for mileage. BUT again it depends on the OP's needs/wants.

I used to be critical of these bikes, but now understand that budgets are important. @harryS for the best response IMNSHO.

Fat tires on a cruiser like that are useless in my opinion. On pavement they will sound and steer like a military truck. Both fenders on it are just for appearance, they won't keep water or dirt off you or the bike.

Fat tires on a cruiser like that are useless in my opinion. On pavement they will sound and steer like a military truck. Both fenders on it are just for appearance, they won't keep water or dirt off you or the bike.
I found mine to steer like a canon-less tank. It's been in my shop unfinished for 5 years. I kitted it with a BBSHD and rode for 20 minutes before moving the motor to another frame and intending to add a rear DD from Luna in 2016.

The market seems to be selling them and the 20" fatties too. I don't get it, but remember what PT Barnum said...

“Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”

And of course,

“There's a sucker born every minute.”

Last edited:
It's no surprising that people buy fat bikes for style.

People buy SUVs for style.
Jeep, Land Cruiser, Range Rover, etc.. they're mostly about style for most people.

"95 percent of SUV owners never go off road."

I also heard that sportscars like Porsche 911, Acura NSX, Chevrolet Corvette, etc.. are just weekend cruisers for most people.
Apparently most sportscar owners will never take their cars to race track.
Yep. Used to have a car I'd take to track events, where the tiny percentages of some of those brand owners were actually driving them like they were meant to. I had some similar experiences with my own car - joined a 'club' for a while, and on club drives perhaps 10% of were more or less 'real drivers' or working at it, and this was with - Miatas of all things. The Porsche and BMW track drivers pretty much had the same or even worse to say in their experience - status symbol more than appreciation of the vehicle, etc. However, I was happy to see there are 'real' drivers across all brands. Well ok, jury's still out on Ferrari - only one I ever saw on track managed to somehow lost traction so badly he slid down the back stretch and nearly broad-sided himself into a tree. The instructor wound up kicking him out.. beautiful car though. :)

Meanwhile, I don't entirely agree on fat tires. Like tomas said, not everyone has the same needs, and isn't doing single-track technical trails, etc. For a hardtail bike, or a general 'casual go most places' bike, fat tire bikes aren't bad - they soak up bumps the missing rear shock would otherwise, and yeah, not ideal for a 100% street commuter, but pretty decent if the knobby hum doesn't both you on pavement. I still have a BBHSD fat bike and while it's going up for sale once it warms up and I wouldn't ever choose it over my X2 - I took it pretty much everywhere and it was OK.

Back