NAKTO brand ?

plus the nakto has a backwards drive train :D
This is just weird. Their stickers are also somehow backwards... would have to wonder if this is the level of attention they give to their bike's info and pics, well... ... ...
and is that a blowup seat?
9_0f704bd2-31b7-40bc-945d-8aa465b97fa1_1024x1024.png

The worst of all was Polski Fiat 126p...

An officer POW is tortured by bad guys. He is tough and would not reveal any detail. Exasperated torturer exclaims:
-- How can you be so tough?!
-- I used to own a polski fiat 126p...
-- AARGH!
-- Twice.
-- AAAAARGH!
:D
I had one of those in the 1980s, it was called the Polska Fiat FSO 125P in the UK. It was built like a tank, solid and heavy. Got rear ended once, not a mark on the car, but the BMW was totalled at the front, fluids and steam everywhere.

It did have one problem though, the lights intermittently kept cutting out, but the auto electrical engineer could never trace the fault.

3B1C07C5-A86B-4924-9A11-42F907479170.jpeg

A friend of mine had the FIAT version. She was OK with it, but I could only sit in the front passenger seat.
The users have created a Diagnostics Manual for the 126p themselves. If the engine wouldn't start, you were going through an IF... THEN... ELSE structure to identify the issue.
One day, we borrowed a 126p from a friend for a day. On the attempt to start the engine for the return trip, the engine wouldn't start. The Diagnostics Manual identified the problem as a broken ignition coil. I walked to the nearest petrol station and actually bought a new coil. I was able to find a phone number to a car electrician nearby in the phone book, and using a public telephone, I asked the guy to come.

He reinstalled the ignition coil but the engine would not start anyway. Bored, I pressed an unidentified button on the dashboard. At that moment, the electrician got a mild electric shock :D It turned out our friend installed a button as an extra theft-deterrent device but she didn't tell us about it...

And yes, I used to own a 126p. The worst time in my life. Good I crashed that car by capsizing it over 12 metres and surviving...

The OP has stated his budget under a grand US, for that you might also look at a Lectric XP, Ariel Rider Rideal, or Propella Mini. If you are set on the cruiser frame style, also consider a SWFT Fleet from Best Buy but the rim brakes and single speed gearing won't be great in hilly terrain. The Propella Mini is also single speed but very lightweight for an ebike at just 33lb. The Lectric XP and Rideal have gears and decent motors and batteries.

Last edited:
Most inexpensive DD I’ve seen are 9 Continent clones.
My new"discounted fattie" has a small 500 watt geared motor cant tell what brand, doesn't appear to be a Bafang, do not know the controller specs, the bikes I had with small controllers would actually hinder you on a steep hill, best BFTB for more zip is usually controller upgrade. If you want a reasonable entry level step thru cruiser try a ""Peace Dove" by ecotric, will do better than one might think, sold mine to a friend,He really likes it.

OFFS.You heard? Some idiot on a forum?
Does "OFFS" mean what I think it does?( exasperation) Forums are probably as good as "Facebook" from time to time, the scams on"FB" are incredible( get this you cannot give away an Animal to a respectable owner on "FB' OTOH you can participate freely in any number of scams,( OK so I get it, the Poor animal might end up on a chain or somebodies dinner.)

While the flip-up seatpost is very handy when removing the battery, it severely limits your choices in replacement seats without modifying the release lever.
(personal experience)

I found mine to steer like a canon-less tank. It's been in my shop unfinished for 5 years. I kitted it with a BBSHD and rode for 20 minutes before moving the motor to another frame and intending to add a rear DD from Luna in 2016.

The market seems to be selling them and the 20" fatties too. I don't get it, but remember what PT Barnum said...

“Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”

And of course,

“There's a sucker born every minute.”
When a young person heading to college tells me their emphasis will be on marketing, I always express my sorrow that they turned to the the Dark Side.

Back