My thoughts at 2020km on XP

Darceman

Well I just hit 2020kms on my XP yesterday. I thought I would give a bit of a rundown for the people that are on the fence about buying this bike and for those that are curious about what to expect as they put more mileage on there Lectric XPs.
Well to start I am a fairly aggressive rider and like to ride fast sometimes but do not abuse my bike. I know its limitations with regards to what it is. And it does it well..
I ride my bike on hard pack trails, Paved bike paths and some sand. I have ridden it in a swamp/mud fest one time and it took two days of cleaning as I don’t like to wet my bike down...
I have changed a couple things and added the usual trinkets etc. One bike change was going to a wider handlebar. This gives way more control and comfort without affecting the bike when folded up. I added a Suntour suspension post and that helped huge in the comfort level. {I have detailed how to set it up somewhere on this forum]
The seat itself is not bad but I found there are more comfortable seats out there.
Some people have complained about the tire noise and tread. I myself love the sound of the tires. They handle quite well in gravel and trails and provide a decent ride. I keep mine at 18 psi. I still have the tires that came on the bike and will be replacing them soon. They have worn extremely well and I have never had a flat. My girlfriend and I both bought XP’s and were the first batch of orders to get sent out. We did have some minor issues initially with loose fasteners etc. I believe that is under control now any way and was not that big of a deal to double check everything. I ride 25% of the time with out the pedal assist and have lost 15 pounds consequently. I use the gears to the fullest and although an entry level deraulier and shifter it works quite well. I did change the rear freewheel to 11 -34 teeth which helps starting out and for crawling through bumpy paths under my own power. The brakes took a long time to really break in but they will stop the bike quite quickly and really quickly in a panic...I must say its nice to be ridding in the warmer weather now. I rode all winter sometimes as cold as -16 Celsius and you definitely notice a drop in battery power and mileage. I’m loving the warm weather but also enjoy having the full power of the battery back as well. I get tons of comments on the XP when I’m out riding the trails and paths. It blows me away that Lectric has produced a bike that is built like a tank and really reliable and fun to ride for such a great price. Sure I would like to have a front suspension fork but the fat tires help out besides I bought it without one and can’t complain.... I have never replaced any thing that has worn out or broken as of yet. Even the brake pads are within spec still. I do my own maintenance and have found this bike easy to work on and maintain. When we had some minor issues when we first got our bikes Lectric were absolutely top notch to deal with and handled any problems quickly and painlessly. Shout out to the guys at Lectric for there commitment. Because of Lectric and the gang there I am already for XP 2.0 and will be one of the first to buy one as soon as Lectric makes them available.
76937ECD-C32E-43B2-ABBD-36A89547122B.jpeg
76937ECD-C32E-43B2-ABBD-36A89547122B.jpeg

Thank you for your insight and opinion(s) on the bike.
I've wondered what it'll be like once I get the opportunity to ride. I rode an ebike once at Venice beach on vacation with my sons and we had a ball.
I remember 30+ years ago when I used to spend a lot of time outside engaging in physical activities and enjoying it. Then, of course, life got busy and I found over the past few decades that the extent of my time outside is spent walking from my front door to my vehicle and from my vehicle into work. Then reverse that order after work. Part of the reason I bought this bike is because I want to get outdoors again but I am limited physically due to numerous surgeries so, an ebike it is!

Good write up Darceman. My wife and I got our XP’s last fall. They really are built well and ride great on and off the road. I’ve done some upgrades like bars and freewheel and am now changing the brake pads. Not because they are worn out but because they tend to fade. The stock pads are resin and I am replacing with sintered metal. We live in the hills so brakes are a big deal.

With the current shelter in place in our part of the country the bikes are getting a lot of use now.

I'm up to 2100km now with no problems at all but will have to replace my rear tube because of a 3" framing nail that attacked me. Tires are still fine and I consider the tire sound to be my bike purring!

Attachments

• 2100.jpg
    2100.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 292
Well I just hit 2020kms on my XP yesterday. I thought I would give a bit of a rundown for the people that are on the fence about buying this bike and for those that are curious about what to expect as they put more mileage on there Lectric XPs.
Well to start I am a fairly aggressive rider and like to ride fast sometimes but do not abuse my bike. I know its limitations with regards to what it is. And it does it well..
I ride my bike on hard pack trails, Paved bike paths and some sand. I have ridden it in a swamp/mud fest one time and it took two days of cleaning as I don’t like to wet my bike down...
I have changed a couple things and added the usual trinkets etc. One bike change was going to a wider handlebar. This gives way more control and comfort without affecting the bike when folded up. I added a Suntour suspension post and that helped huge in the comfort level. {I have detailed how to set it up somewhere on this forum]
The seat itself is not bad but I found there are more comfortable seats out there.
Some people have complained about the tire noise and tread. I myself love the sound of the tires. They handle quite well in gravel and trails and provide a decent ride. I keep mine at 18 psi. I still have the tires that came on the bike and will be replacing them soon. They have worn extremely well and I have never had a flat. My girlfriend and I both bought XP’s and were the first batch of orders to get sent out. We did have some minor issues initially with loose fasteners etc. I believe that is under control now any way and was not that big of a deal to double check everything. I ride 25% of the time with out the pedal assist and have lost 15 pounds consequently. I use the gears to the fullest and although an entry level deraulier and shifter it works quite well. I did change the rear freewheel to 11 -34 teeth which helps starting out and for crawling through bumpy paths under my own power. The brakes took a long time to really break in but they will stop the bike quite quickly and really quickly in a panic...I must say its nice to be ridding in the warmer weather now. I rode all winter sometimes as cold as -16 Celsius and you definitely notice a drop in battery power and mileage. I’m loving the warm weather but also enjoy having the full power of the battery back as well. I get tons of comments on the XP when I’m out riding the trails and paths. It blows me away that Lectric has produced a bike that is built like a tank and really reliable and fun to ride for such a great price. Sure I would like to have a front suspension fork but the fat tires help out besides I bought it without one and can’t complain.... I have never replaced any thing that has worn out or broken as of yet. Even the brake pads are within spec still. I do my own maintenance and have found this bike easy to work on and maintain. When we had some minor issues when we first got our bikes Lectric were absolutely top notch to deal with and handled any problems quickly and painlessly. Shout out to the guys at Lectric for there commitment. Because of Lectric and the gang there I am already for XP 2.0 and will be one of the first to buy one as soon as Lectric makes them available.
View attachment 50516View attachment 50516
You responded to one of my questions already, and I asked about your impressions of the bike. Just read your 2020 post and got my answer. Thanks for contributing to this. I am a 75 year old senior and maybe a little bit behind the curve on some things.

You responded to one of my questions already, and I asked about your impressions of the bike. Just read your 2020 post and got my answer. Thanks for contributing to this. I am a 75 year old senior and maybe a little bit behind the curve on some things.
Glad I could help. Enjoy your bike! They really a great deal and great bike. I just ordered 2 more XP's for family members and 1 is 78 years young. For quite a few people these bikes and others are opening up a whole new world that wasn't available before.

Back